Energizer hardcase specs?

Kristofg

Enlightened
Does anybody know the specs of an energizer hardcase pistol-grip flashligt? I saw it in a DIY store today for € 60 ($70) and all I could find on the box was that it uses a single led which is 4400% brighter than a normal white led. 4C cells are required to power it. But nowhere on the box does it say anything about having a voltage regulator or if it is a 1-watt or more luxeon or somthing else. The led seems to be pretty flat with a yellow square in the middle. Does anybody know more about this light and if it is any good? Runtime on 4C cells was stated as 10 hours.
I liked the looks of it, but it seemed to be very expensive if it is just an unregulated 1-watt luxeon. The energizer website didn't even show te light. it only shows a xenon-bulb version of it.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Hardcase 2AA, I don't even knew that there is a 4C version available.
The Hardcase 2AA I have uses a 5 mm LED, powered from 2 AA batteries, and draws only 50 mA from the batteries, at 3 Volts.
What wondered me is the fact that Hardcase 2AA uses a constant power regulator for the LED, so its brightness doesn't change until the batteries are at 1.8 Volts.
Of course, the current drawn from the batteries increase as the voltage goes down. Same as the NewBeam Opalec for MiniMag.

I would like to know more about the Hardcase 4C, too.

Anthony

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you talking about this one?
It uses 4xAA rechargeable.

http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/tufrc1.pdf

BlishMize.jpg

Last edited:

Kristofg

Enlightened
I'll try to go past the store this weekend and recheck the specs on the box.
Is a Luxeon III always 3-watt?
It does look exactly like the one in the PDF, I wonder how come I wrote down that it requires C-cells on my note (yeah, I have no life, I carry a notebook around to write down flashlight specs :).

Kristofg

Enlightened
I just went past the store and believe it or not, the specs are different from the one in the pdf. The model is Energizer hardcase spotlight. There is no mention of Luxeon on the box, but the led is a lambertian dome type. 44x brighter than a normal led is quoted on the box with a * next to it, but no explanation about what the * stands for. It is powered by 4C cells (sold separately) and they fit into a square black battery holder which has to be inserted in the spotlight. It is not rechargeable and the runtime is stated at 0 hours with the 4C cells. The flashlight is made in china and model number is TUF4C1. It is not rechargeable and there is no recharger or holder provided. Only a strap to wear the light with on the shoulder. The box is yellow and black, not green, but the light itself looks exactly the same.

Latest posts