Comparison

cowboy

Newly Enlightened
Hello, new here,

I was looking into a Surefire G2 and or a Inova X1,
Just wondering if someone could gie me a rundown and comparison
of the two.

Also,
any others in this class that are worthy ?

cowboy

Newly Enlightened
Yep, I kinda figured they were apples/oranges.

I've heard good things about both, and they each have ther place.

OK,
so lets compare the G2 with others etc.

and lkewise the X1

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cowboy,
First, welcome to CPF! (as we are fond of saying...hang on to your wallet!)

The X1 is an LED that runs on a single 1.5 volt AA battery.
The G2 is an incandescent that runs on two 3volt CR123A (for a total of 6 volts).
In short there is NO comparison.

Also, a friendly suggestion that you should go to some of the well known and respected review sites like http://www.flashlightreviews.com/index1.html and do a bit of your own research.

We're all here as a community and we LOVE answering questions, but there are a number of people here who will get a little irritated if it looks like you haven't done any legwork yourself. (not busting your chops, just giving some guidance).

Chris201W

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
Dont have either, but your comparing apples and oranges here.
More like apples and carburetors...

Seriously, these two lights would complement each other fairly well. The G2 for bright, longer range light, and the X1 for closer work. With these it's not so much of a "which one?" but "where can I get both?"

SCblur

Enlightened
Agreed. I have both of them, and they serve TOTALLY different purposes. As stated above, I use my G2 when I need plenty of light and am lighting objects farther away. The X1 on the other hand, is great for doing very close-up work, like reading, rummaging through the tent. The X1 is great for these things since it lasts about ten hours. I would definitely recommend both if/when you can.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome Cowboy (rides away. . .)!

Anyhow, same as what the others already stated. I don't own an Inova but have more than a couple of them SureFire G2s stashed here and there. To me these are excellent and well built "entry level" high-powered incandescent flashlights from SureFire. No regrets buying and using them on my end.

Hope you "zero" in on whay you're looking for and Enjoy!

cowboy

Newly Enlightened
In the Surefire family, the G2 seems to be the best buy.

It has most of the same specs and a fraction of the cost.
Any comments on the G2 compared to the other Surefires.

s.duff

Enlightened
not a bad idea at all to buy both. i really like having an incan and an led with me at work, it seems like they both work well in different uses. i like led indoors and incan outdoors. both models that you mentioned are relatively cheap enough to just pick them both up and not hurt the wallet too bad.

cowboy

Newly Enlightened
OK sounds like I NEED both....

What are some good prices and good places to buy ?