TL-3 LED to Incandescent?

jay33t

Newly Enlightened
I have the Streamlight TL-3 LED light. I prefer the incandescent bulb light after attending a low-light firearms class. The LED quickly lost its throw beyond about 10 yards as far as identifying something in someones hands. My question is can the head be changed on this light to the IB type light, and if so does anyone have a source for the bulb and or head? Thanks for any help. Jay

AshA4

Banned
The TL-3 incan can be had for under $50 from amazon shipped and I'd bet if you were/could order just the head/LA it would just make sense to order the complete TL-3 from Amazon and have both versions. Good luck.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to give Streamlight a call, or if you have a local Streamlight warranty station, check with them to see if you can get the parts to do that. But before you go ahead with that change, you might want to ask around here, there may be someone that would be willing to buy you a brand new TL-3 in exchange for your Lux 5 version (or trade you theirs for yours) and then both of you would still be covered under a factory warranty.

jay33t said:
I have the Streamlight TL-3 LED light. I prefer the incandescent bulb light after attending a low-light firearms class. The LED quickly lost its throw beyond about 10 yards as far as identifying something in someones hands. My question is can the head be changed on this light to the IB type light, and if so does anyone have a source for the bulb and or head? Thanks for any help. Jay

jay33t

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick responses. I will look into Amazon. In the mean time if someone would like to trade let me know. My light is only a couple months old. I have only the light and lanyard, I didn't think I would be getting rid of it. I will also look at streamlight to see possibilities there before buying a new one. Thanks again.