any good from Dae

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not - but I think I would like to !

I wish Dae would sell it by itself - without the charger and batteries , which I already have.

HOW BOUT IT , DAE .......can you get just the light - ONLY ?

At a reduced price from kit price ?

IF So.........:takeit::sold::paypal:. I'm IN for it !

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked one for a customer and he loves it. Carries it at work (carpenter) everyday. He is also a superintendant for a small apartment building. I tried it out myself and was amazed. Really nice throw and the regulation works very well. Some day I'll get one for myself.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this the guy who makes 7watt led lights too? Man, if you can get 7 from a 3 watt led, wonder what a 5 watt can be drive to 12?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just E-mailed Dae - Asking if he would sell me one by itself ..........we will see .

Dae has not been on here too much lately......

I hope he is not upset with us about something !

:grin2:

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
if I could have just the flashlight for about $25, i'd jump all over it.

Already have charger, and some extra 17670s (that I assume would work in place of an 18650), so it would be awsom if he could list this light for purchase without the "whole kit."

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dae agreed to sell a single light/no accesories to me for $25USD. So I just sent him a paypal.....done.

This thing seems to have great run time / 4 hrs !

I'm happy now .

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if the 18650s included in the kit are Protected?

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
:sssh: I emailed him several days ago about this light. He says its his personal favorite, and in his opinion is nearly as bright as the Golston 7w.

Pardon my ignorance, but why wouldn't you want this light with the batteries and charger? It seems a bargain.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
JSR : Doubt it.....he does NOT appear to have ANY protected rechargeable Li-Ions on his site .
.............................................................................................................

And guess whats even worse -

I just received the rechargeable version ( 3.6 X 2 on side) of his 7 WATT Golston light -

Protected ICR123 rechargeables won't fit into it ............OUTRAGEOUS !

(
the 3.6v protected ICR123's I have were just received from AW and Emillion. )

I also have the New/Thinner Protected 18670 from "AW" - it won't go in .
Also have a Protected 18670 from Emillion - it won't go in .
( 18670's were tried just for size comparison purposes)

Light's are being sold with battery tubes so narrow, that even standard CR123A batteries will barely slide in .

I am asking Dae to provide us with more detailed info. on his products and include any restrictions they may have - which is equally important . This actually calls for "full-disclosure" when limitations exist and are known .

The 7 Watt 3.6v X 2 Rechargeable LED Light SHOULD say on the side of it *Un-Protected Only* as a ...... disclosure of limitations due to tube inner diameter.

The tolerances are too tight and unacceptable. It seems no size standards are being followed in this private industry of independant manufacturers.

I am very disappointed that PRoTected RCR123a's won't go in the
7 Watt 3.6v X 2 Rechargeable LED Light.

Last edited:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you make the cell tube too wide, people start complaning about battery rattle.

I would rather have a wide battery tube that would fit an fat protected 18650, than be limited to low capacity cells.

you can always wrap somthing around the cells to stop the rattle.

regards.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I am wondering and doubting that this 3W-HY-SWAT (that I just ordered) will take Protected 18650's that I already have .

Now I will have to buy Un-Protected 18650's and R123's - (which I didn't want to use) just to have batteries to fit his lights .

This is an inconvenience to me . It may also be to others .

Be aware if this matters to you .(about the fit)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
TMG - you're right, I searched and it seems the 18650s in the HY kit are unprotected. I did read threads/posts where members stated they were able to fit Protected 18650s. Tube ID ranged from 18.6mm - 18.95mm according to other posts.