Surefire Aviator, any equivalents ?

Mountain Man

Newly Enlightened
I have a Nitecore MT10A. Love it. But i need more red light at a outdoor Event i work for ( Halloween haunts).
I like the Aviator, but seems the red is discontinued ?? Is there a newer model coming ??

Does anybody else make a similar quality light.

Thanks, MM

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Does anybody else make a similar quality light.

Thanks, MM

Along Surefire quality....anything with the CWF dragon driver will have a red high mode when the AUX led color is red. High mode is really bright. 3 red LEDs will make up the brightness.

It's ballpark price to the Surefire aviator, and American crafted:

CWF AUX color modes are:
1696274180537.png

A lesser cost alternative is to use your 6P as a host and get a red drop-in for it.
I could possibly make you a P6 dropin if you can't find a solution. I can order a deep red 660nm LED.

Attachments

• 1696274127640.png
    1696274127640.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
An option would be a HDS light with red LED. But currently HDS does not offer red, thererore only a used HDS may ne found... But the price is price is high but the quality also...

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Aviator, but seems the red is discontinued ?? Is there a newer model coming ??

Amazon has the white/red variant for $260 @ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XYMMK6Y/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Which incarnation of the Aviator are you searching for (3 individual LED secondary emitters)? Jetbeam's RRT-26 uses this configuration but the secondary LEDs are RGB (triple colour output), whilst the Jetbeam M1 Guardian & Fenix TK25 feature higher output secondary LEDS (140LM+).

Have you tried a red diffuser on your MT10A?

Last edited:

Mountain Man

Newly Enlightened
Along Surefire quality....anything with the CWF dragon driver will have a red high mode when the AUX led color is red. High mode is really bright. 3 red LEDs will make up the brightness.

It's ballpark price to the Surefire aviator, and American crafted:

CWF AUX color modes are:
View attachment 50001

A lesser cost alternative is to use your 6P as a host and get a red drop-in for it.
I could possibly make you a P6 dropin if you can't find a solution. I can order a deep red 660nm LED.
Hmm , that 6p idea is an option.

Mountain Man

Newly Enlightened
Amazon has the white/red variant for $260 @ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XYMMK6Y/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Which incarnation of the Aviator are you searching for (3 individual LED secondary emitters)? Jetbeam's RRT-26 uses this configuration but the secondary LEDs are RGB (triple colour output), whilst the Jetbeam M1 Guardian & Fenix TK25 feature higher output secondary LEDS (140LM+).

Have you tried a red diffuser on your MT10A?
Looking for newest version Aviator.

Im going to have to look around. You jolted my memory, i think i might still have a red lens in a drawer for one of the lights.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yup, slap an SF red filter on an SF 6P would be the easiest solution.