Surefire Stiletto - any word on USB-C?

Mckinngkb

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I am a Surefire fanboy. I've been wanting to pull the trigger on the Stiletto Pro, but refuse to buy something that expensive that is still running super outdated micro USB charging. Leterally nothing I own uses micro USB, except my electric fly swatter from China.

Any insiders with a USB-C swap timeline, or if it will be done at all?

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Yes, I am a Surefire fanboy. I've been wanting to pull the trigger on the Stiletto Pro, but refuse to buy something that expensive that is still running super outdated micro USB charging. Leterally nothing I own uses micro USB, except my electric fly swatter from China.

We havent even gotten the EDC DFT 1 flashlight yet and they released it at shot show over 2 years ago lol. I noticed even the 18350 battery they just released even still has a micro usb charge port.

Mckinngkb

Newly Enlightened
We havent even gotten the EDC DFT 1 flashlight yet and they released it at shot show over 2 years ago lol. I noticed even the 18350 battery they just released even still has a micro usb charge port.

Yeah, I'm not sure what their infatuation with micro usb is. This should have been swapped over years ago. I know it doesn't necessarily add any functionality, but micro is obsolete, and I hate how it isn't symmetrical.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Yeah, that's not happening. No profit in it for SF to make such a change to the model. I have both the Pro as well as the lower output version. The Pro is quite a bit more slippery in hand than the non-Pro version. Seriously, it wants to squirt out of your hand. If you decide to get the Pro, be sure to order from an online shop that has a very generous Return policy in place.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of people use Apple products

2 wrongs don't make a right:LOL:

Surefires are already expensive anyway, they'll be even more so by using Apple's proprietary BS which I'm sure Surefire would have to license it. Heck, I'm pretty sure Apple themselves are moving away from lighting in the near future.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what the world would be like if Steve Jobs had made an iLight? Apple had their own Eneloops once.

It'd be like the current world, but with 1 more overpriced flashlight brand with asinine proprietary charging.

Basically Olight, but even more overpriced.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting story...My Stiletto Pro's LED burned out, so I sent it in. Turn around was about 5 months, with an excuse that they were on back order and SF hadn't "Received" any, as of yet. If SF supposedley makes all their stuff domestically, where, exactly or who, are making these?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Interesting story...My Stiletto Pro's LED burned out, so I sent it in. Turn around was about 5 months, with an excuse that they were on back order and SF hadn't "Received" any, as of yet. If SF supposedley makes all their stuff domestically, where, exactly or who, are making these?
Most likely their Chinese supplier of LEDs has contractual obligations to other brands too.