I give you, the MAGPLUNGER74!

Flakey

Enlightened
So i was really bored, so i ripped apart a thor 15mcp and mounted it on the top of my mag74 6D maglight mod. I had to cut the threads in half to get the bulb to focus properly! so whats the point you might ask? whell believe it or not this 6d monstrosity is MUCH eiser to use and carry than the THOR host and the fact that the bulb has a smaller filiment means that this things focus is REALLLLY tight, its like a freaking laser beam! anyway, its great fun and i think everyone can see why i called it the magPLUNGER74! lol

55f4523f1d2a.jpg

This next shot is of a sign that is illuminated by the light from 150 feet away. perfectly legible, actually pretty bright!
a5bde15cae4d.jpg

shot of the potted welch allyn 1274 bulb in the big reflector =)
147cc38f1ded.jpg

Magplunger74
a97c6fd0e5c6.jpg

standard reflector sized mag74
f5c09c88938e.jpg

OH what fun this thing is, good old fashioned flashaholic hijinks =)

atm

Enlightened
:lolsign:

Very cool Flakey!
icon10.gif

That is one tight spot! Now all it needs is a keychain attachment and you have the perfect EDC!

Andrew

Delvance

Enlightened
I'm speechless! Flakey, you have flashaholism so bad there's simply no cure, ever lol.

Very creative Flakey, and quite cool too. Have you tried to measure the lux on it yet ? :faint:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I read your thread's title, I thought nothing I would experience today would make me laugh harder. Then I saw the photo!

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will create a new EDC category. Now all you have to do is find the perfect holster. :crackup:

Robban

Enlightened
chimo said:
This will create a new EDC category. Now all you have to do is find the perfect holster. :crackup:
Nah, just remove the lens and you can wear it as a hat :p

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering how you'd managed to mod a toilet plunger into a light, but this is fantastic!!

If you want even more throw, try a HID bulb, or one of them Pelican bulbs - fits great with any 6-cell NiMH light.

Navck

Enlightened
There was talk about "overly huge reflectors" earlier, and someone said they had a 18 INCH reflector... We're closing in on that number.

Flakey

Enlightened
believe it or not, most people TOTALLY ignore it. ill say "How are you doing tonight" they will respond "oh, good thank you" and we will pass. i imagine that this is how people with disabilities feel, because i KNOW that they are thinking "what the hell is that thing" but they say "good evening" i just laugh.

Travissg1

Newly Enlightened
Flakey said:
believe it or not, most people TOTALLY ignore it. ill say "How are you doing tonight" they will respond "oh, good thank you" and we will pass. i imagine that this is how people with disabilities feel, because i KNOW that they are thinking "what the hell is that thing" but they say "good evening" i just laugh.
Maybe they don't want to ask why there is light coming out of the plunger you are carrying around.

That thing is amazing :lolsign:

RoyJ

Enlightened
Flakey said:

Hmm, I wonder if you point it right in their face, would they still just say "good evening" ? :naughty:

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like it could become the next cordless George Foreman grill. You better send for the patent before someone else does.

Razor

Newly Enlightened
Dictionaries sometimes list examples of the word one's looking up in a sentence or illustration. They should start using pictures of this thing to illustrate the word "outrageous".

Flakey

Enlightened
hehe thanks for the words of encouragement guys .... this is what happens when i get bored LOL

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that's what I call funny! Great work Flakey! Looks like you have a nice big thrower there. Have you thought about putting a 1185 bulb in there?