What one would you keep?

• U2 Blue

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • U2 Green

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

seaward

Newly Enlightened
OK, here's the deal. I have two Surefire U2s; one is going to be returned. I want to select the best one to keep but, I can not make up my mine which one is better!:ohgeez:

Description of U2 a:

*Blue/White LED pretty nice in color.

*Lint inside of reflector including a small scratch inside reflector.

*Looks like a hair touching the LED and a pin size spot black spot on LED possible burnt hair?

Description of U2b:

*Greenish tint on LED but slightly brighter then U2a

* Spotless inside of head

* Clean lens

So what's better? A white/blue with issues or greener tint with none??:candle:

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

atm

Enlightened
Tint variations are just a fact of life at this stage of LED development. The contamination/scratch is a quality control issue though. As long as the green tint doesn't bother you significantly more than the blue does, then the brighter, cleaner option sounds better IMHO.

Andrew

Longbow

Enlightened
Surefires are "OK" lights, but I think I'd return both and get a brand that has better quality control and offers more "value-for-the-buck".

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with B if I had to choose one, but if I were you I wouldn't want either.
You are spending $250 on a flashlight, so I would expect the absolute BEST! When you think about it $250 is an absurd price to pay for a flashlight, so for that price I would want the very VERY best without any tint problems and never any scratches or dust inside the reflector.

roguesw

Enlightened
before i would agree with some people about the issue of getting a perfect light for the price you pay
however, after seeing so many modders on the forum, now i would have no hesitation opening 'er up and taking a look under the hood.
lint and dust can be cleared away with air canister and tint, i would have to go with the white/blue combo over the green. i just cant stand greenies
the next fatal stage of flashoholism
if it aint up to scrath, you start to think of ideas about modding the thing
the issue of price goes out of the window in that scenario
best regards
des

Englander

Newly Enlightened
Id ring them up and say your not happy with either, I just got a U2 myself, other day, im having problems with it, i want a blue tint, with no donut and no dust and a ******* clickie that works properly, is that 2 much to ask? Apparently so :lolsign:

UncleFlash

Newly Enlightened
If I had to keep one, it would be B. If I didn't "have to keep one", I would return them both; too expensive of a light for those defects.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I can't stand green tints, but I like'em as bright as they can be. Tough choice. I'd keep the first one. :ack!:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd keep the one with the better beam, dust and such are cosmetic and doesn't really affect the beam right?
But considering my U2 horror story I just would return em both for cold hard cash if I could.

magic79

Enlightened
You shouldn't have to make ANY compromise on a $270 flashlight! There's no dilemma...sent them both back. Keeping something that expensive that you are not satisfied with is nuts.

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I'd send both back, since neither is good enough to make the decision easy. I agree with some of the earlier replies in that you should have a high level of expectation for the money being spent. :awman:

BUT...if you gotta keep one (for whatever reason) I'd go for "B"

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I'd keep em both, order a third and then get rid of the two I don't like, I can see why people go through a half a dozen of the same light before they find the particular one they like, my suggestion is to buy more till you get the one you want!!!!

Bozzlite

Enlightened
What does Surefire do with all these returned lights? Do they repackage them and sell them to the next person until finally someone keeps them? Just curious.

Something to think about.