Anyone surf CPF on their cell phones?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been surfing CPF with it for a year or two and i'm posting this thread on it now. :)

I just upgraded my SMT5600 smartphone to the new Cingular 2125 model and I'm on new faster EDGE system.

Who else surfs the web on their phone?

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
:awman: Do not but now you got me considering...

Must...not...upgrade...phone...arrrrgh. Waitaminit, my phone does that already. Gotta RTFM. Something to do today! :lolsign:

dragoman

Enlightened
Sometimes on the PSP when I'm at the airport or something and don't want to bring out the laptop....

dragoman

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
bruddamoke said:
:awman: Do not but now you got me considering...

Must...not...upgrade...phone...arrrrgh. Waitaminit, my phone does that already. Gotta RTFM. Something to do today! :lolsign:
Hey brudda! Which model you have?

Hey guys, it's the best thing in the world to have a web browser on your phone. When I'm in line at the bank or like just not at Costco, I just click on my fovorites and surf CPF. I usually don't like to post much when using the t9 keypad software but just reading threads and stuff, it's great.

I also check all my Outlook eMail and Gmail accounts.

When I'm traveling, like right now, I use the phone as a modem, while my wife drives! I just hook it up with USB or IR and do work on my laptop, and check CPF too :)

Oh, I do talk on the thing sometimes, but I don't really care much for that part LOL :)

The Links that I have on my favorites are the same as on my laptop.

CPF and a couple of other forums, emails, Gmail, yahoomail, google advanced find, weather, bond market updates, dictionary, whois, yellow pages, a few news sites, banking and investments sites, etc.

The phone is tiny, way smaller than a Palm Treo etc but the key is to have the Microsoft Smartphone software. It makes it really easy to use since it's just like your Windows XP etc. It has a better camera now too, 1.3MP and I also have a 1GB mini SD card for mp3 and other multimedia. There's a way that you can watch TV on it too, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Here's a link
http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4691.html

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Cromagnet: I've got a Samsung SPH-A660. Just got it because company I work for switched carriers. Not the best phone, but carrier does not have greatest selection and since I'm not paying for this one, did not beef about it (yet). My criteria for phone is small and functional as a phone, always avoid those with cameras, mp3/radios, etc. I'm a digital camera nut too, so the resolutions on the cell cameras have always disappointed.

Never really got into checking e-mails so often, or surfing the web. Travel a lot for work, and prefer to catch zzz's instead. I am going to read the manual and try it out...have the feeling of dread that I'm gonna like it. Like I need yet another toy to play with. But, I guess it would be more productive than taking out the L0P on my keychain and turning it on for no reason. Fooling with the cell would be more acceptable in "normal" society.

LaserFreak

Enlightened
I used to surf here on my Motorola E815 (also a 1.3mp camera and has the mem. card slot too), but it was too slow, I couldn't post for some reason, and it REALLY ate my minutes up. Got a $600 cell bill for surfing the net too much, when it should've been only $65.:ohgeez: :faint:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way, I've only got GPRS on my cell. Let me tell you, it's sooooo slow. I used it for the first time a couple of months ago, and it ended up costing me like 5 bucks to log on 3 times and read only one piece of mail each time. Too bad, I just got a new phone, so I'm probably not going to get a new one until this one either starts going bonkers or the key sensitivity starts to go (on my last phone, number 2 had to be pressed really hard to work, and the answer key started to not respond).

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
I've been surfing CPF with it for a year or two and i'm posting this thread on it now. :)

I just upgraded my SMT5600 smartphone to the new Cingular 2125 model and I'm on new faster EDGE system.

Who else surfs the web on their phone?
That's the other crazy thing I notice when I go hiking with you. Not only are you carrying more flashlights then the rest of the group combined, but you also surf on CPF in the middle of nowhere. I'm not complaining, just jealous as my phone can't do those tricks.

morituri

Newly Enlightened
Occasionally, when I am away from my laptop (or stuck in a really boring meeting), I will surf CPF on my Treo 650. My carrier has the EDGE network - it's quite fast and my data plan is relatively affordable.