Can you get this Fenix L1P Holster anymore?

jlomein

Enlightened
So I have heard that this holster is older,
minipacking.jpg

And that this is the newer holster.
fenixl103.jpg

Is there anywhere where I can still get the older holster? It looks nicer.

frisco

Enlightened
The older one does look nice and it does feel nice also..... only problem is it wears out really faaasssssst. Like one or two months and it's all wore out!

frisco

wuyeah

Enlightened
I have to tell you, the newer holster you are thinking about isn't as good looking as the one on the picture. The one in the picture looks Wayyyy better than what i have in hand.

you can ask buy/sell/ trade, i am sure people will be giving you offer. For my opinion, i don't think it worth the money.

paulr

Flashaholic
I have one of the older ones and could let go of it. It's never been used since I just stick the light in my pocket.

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
The L1P I have came with one of the newer holsters. It does the job of securing the light well and allows for quick and easy access to the light without having to fuss with any flaps, but after a few days of wearing it will begin to look a little worn too. The D-ring is what makes it look different and it comes in handy if you want to clip it to a backpack or something.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a streched out Mini mag leather holster, streched it with a baton, and it is fantastic. Slips down to the tailcap and stops there, a tight fit but draws out well. You could use the Fenix to wiggle around in it and loosen it up too. I'm kinda surprised more people aren't using this.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omega, I'm goign to check target for them, they had them on sale, and I wondered if it would fit a L1P nicely. Mmm leather. Thanks for the info!

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jlomein,

Send me a PM with your address and I will send you mine for free.

fenix_fan

Newly Enlightened
For those fortunate enough to own both the
L1P and the L2P, (which has a proper loop to
affix to your belt) it is rather neato to use the
L2P holster to store the L1P - being 5cm shorter,
the L1P fits very snugly into the L2P holster!

I have never worked out how to use the L1P
d-ring'ded holster so it sits flat against your body.

heathah

Newly Enlightened
wuyeah said:
I have to tell you, the newer holster you are thinking about isn't as good looking as the one on the picture. The one in the picture looks Wayyyy better than what i have in hand.

I have two of the newer types sitting in front of me right now and they look identical to the one in the photo. Very well made. What about yours makes the one in the photo look better? Are you referring to the older sheath instead of the newer one?

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
Got both my L1P and L2P yesterday and the holsters look like the newer one, except there is no plastic D-ring, just another nylon loop where it would've been. I have to say that I prefer the old style with the flap more than the open ended one. While it may fit snuggly in the new holster, I still can't shake the thought of the possibility of losing the light. The L1P is light enough that I wouldn't notice the difference if it fell off while I was working. When wearing my old L1P holster with the velcroe flap, I am assured that it can't just fall out no matter what I'm doing.

KuoH

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also do not have a D-ring on my new style holster. It came from lighthound in Nov., if that makes a difference. I can always put one of the many cheapo toy-grade carabiners I have on it, though.
And good luck on the hunt Isaac, you'll love the Fenix in that leather mag holster. Just stretch it to your preference. Let us know how it works for you.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
That's exactly why I got the Mag holster on sale at Target, but I haven't stretched it yet!

daloosh

buba

Newly Enlightened
Omega Man said:
I used a streched out Mini mag leather holster, streched it with a baton, and it is fantastic. Slips down to the tailcap and stops there, a tight fit but draws out well. You could use the Fenix to wiggle around in it and loosen it up too. I'm kinda surprised more people aren't using this.

When using the CR123 body there is enough room at the bottom of the holster for a spare 123 cell. A couple of loops of heavy thread or whipping twine across the bottom keep the cell from dropping thru.

Last edited:

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
KuoH said:
Got both my L1P and L2P yesterday and the holsters look like the newer one, except there is no plastic D-ring, just another nylon loop where it would've been. I have to say that I prefer the old style with the flap more than the open ended one. While it may fit snuggly in the new holster, I still can't shake the thought of the possibility of losing the light. The L1P is light enough that I wouldn't notice the difference if it fell off while I was working. When wearing my old L1P holster with the velcroe flap, I am assured that it can't just fall out no matter what I'm doing.

KuoH

I wear my Fenix L1P on my belt in it's open sheath while rinding my motorscooter and it doesn't budge. One could also wrap the lanyard around the sheath's D-ring for added security, but the sheath does a good job of keeping the light in place.

jlomein

Enlightened
KuoH said:
Got both my L1P and L2P yesterday and the holsters look like the newer one, except there is no plastic D-ring, just another nylon loop where it would've been.

There's now a THIRD version of the Fenix holsters? My oh my. This one you have sounds more useful. It sounds like the nylon belt loop part extends to where the D-ring would be, so when you loop it on your belt, it will hang down lower than if it did have a D-ring.

That seems more convenient. With the D-ring version, the belt loop is lower, so the holster sits higher on your waist, causing it to jab into your side when you bend over that direction.

! Does anyone have pics of the non D-ring version?

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
Here you go! I tried to line up where the top of the belt loop would end so you can get an idea of how much lower the new one sits, which isn't too much. Personally, it hasn't jabbed me any more than my cell phone and pagers.

Like I said, I still prefer the security of the flap on the old version. I sometimes have to lay on the ground or crawl around and would hate to lose one because it wriggled out while I wasn't looking.

KuoH

jlomein said:
! Does anyone have pics of the non D-ring version?

L1P1.JPG

L1P2.JPG