Lost My EDC McLux PD

InFlux

Enlightened
That's right, after carrying one for nearly a year (everywhere I went) I lost my U Bin McLux III-PD :(

There are only three places where I kept this light- in use, clipped to my pocket, or on my nightstand. Except for the other day when I didn't. On this one occassion as I was leaving for a meeting, instead of clipping it to my pocket (lightweight dress pants) I put it in my backpack. :shakehead

After the meeting, I went to the hotel with my bags. Got in the room and saw the side pocket was open about halfway. I thought of the sickening little "tink" I heard in the parking lot hours earlier as I put the backpack in the trunk (for safekeeping!). Of course, I took a quick look when I heard the noise- but I was running late.

After searching everywhere- backpack, hotel room, hotel lot, car, trunk, and returning to the (now empty) lot where the meeting was, I did the sensable thing...

...I talked myself in to believing that I didn't even bring the light on the trip.

But after searching all weekend, I think it's gone. :sigh:

The worst part is- I just sold my back up PD a couple of weeks ago. :ohgeez:

We'll I'm definitiely getting a Ti PD the very minute they're available, but that could be weeks!

I guess I'll be emailing Don to sell me a replacement in a few minutes. I still have my chromie, but I can't bring myself to carry her...

CLHC

Flashaholic
Whoa now that's got to Hurt! :huh:

That sure is a "junk" feeling to have especially after loosing one of the most sought after EDC'able lights! Don't let that "chromie" get away from you now!

Last edited:

TorchMan

Enlightened
I hope to never be the one starting a post like that. I heard that "tink" in the parking lot the other day myself, except I figured that's what it was because it was clipped in the pocket I was pulling my keys out of. A couple of white chips on the black finish was all.

When I read this thread title, I pictured the Predator screaming in pain as he tends his wounds, Golem's scream at missing the ring and Brando saying "The horror, the horror..." because that's close to what my reaction would be.

Not only is it my quick draw and proably most used light, but it's expensive and limited in production. Man, if it was Ti, I'd need an ambulance.

Edit: Have you tried at whatever the facility was that had the parking lot to see if someone turned it in? Call if you are not int town, it's worth a shot if you haven't.

Also, if someone found and kept it, they probably have no idea what it really is! Kinda like someone who knows nothing about art finding a Picaso and using it for window shade or something. :awman:

Last edited:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I felt really crappy when I discovered that my Black Widow McLux came up missing; then I came to the sickening reality that it probably got left behind at my old apt. along with a lot of other things. :mad:

When I move again in approximately five weeks, I dread the fact that my royal blue Arc-LS with Luxeon III may not show up; then I'll remember exactly where it is only *AFTER* arriving in Sacramento. :shakehead:

Yes, my royal blue Arc-LS *IS* missing, and no, I *DON'T* know where it is at the moment. :(

Penguin

Enlightened
*sigh* I lost my L4 while flying... I realized it was missing while leaving the airport, but by then I already crossed the security line... :( I know an L4 isn't a PD, but I still felt a sense of loss after losing it. Now I have a replacement L4 and it's even better than the last! (definately won the luxeon lottery with this current one!)

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about that Influx.

That is the reason I rather carry an 'affordable' EDC that is functional enough. I can't bear to damage/lose an expensive light.

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
OHHHH MAN!!! And a U-bin at that. That really sucks InFlux, my thoughts go out to you. Maybe McGizmo should start laser etching peoples address's so when lost they can be returned...