Radio Shack closeout....

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stopped by radioshack today to get some progold and found out they had the radioshack/streamlight stylus light on clearance for $9.97 and the "reach"
for $19.97.
I really dont know how good a price this is for the light but it was half of their regular price at the shack.
I picked up a stylus. Looks pretty neat but I havent opened it yet.

carrot

Flashaholic
I think that my Radio Shack only stocks Mags and some Coast light. I'll take a look, though the staff at mine don't seem to know anything. Thanks for the heads up.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
That kooks like it to me. Its in a radioshack package but the light itself has streamlight stylus written on it. I dont know who would honor the warranty.
ABTOMAT said:
Is it this one:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103690

I've never used a Stylus. Worth the money and the AAAA batteries? Hmm, Radio Shack's warranty is only 90 days--isn't Streamlight limited lifetime?

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
For cheap abundant supply of AAAA batteries,just take apart a standard 9 v battery,inside you will find 6 of them! Just check polarity!I do it for my coast light.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I checked out the local RS. They only had one--in bright gold with "RADIO SHACK" in white letters on the side. I passed on it since I'm not much for pimp-daddy flashlights.

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
I used to use a gold stylus as an EMT penlight.. it's pretty visable when in your black cargo pocket.. and if someone borrows it.. they will give it back because it's flashy enough to remember where you got it from.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Paul6ppc said:
For cheap abundant supply of AAAA batteries,just take apart a standard 9 v battery,inside you will find 6 of them! Just check polarity!I do it for my coast light.

That's the only reason I can think of to buy "Alkaline" 9V batteries as opposed to Carbon Zinc ones. :D

carrot

Flashaholic
I have heard over and over that Energizer 9v have AAAAs in them... and I just unwrapped a 9v Duracell, also finding AAAAs.

Empath

Flashaholic
I've never understood why Streamlight didn't put a step-up in those, and make them shorter using 2 cells. Now that Energizer has the 2 AAA LED penlight, I find them more functionally useful. They're a little thicker, like a traditional penlight, but they're short enough to fit properly in a shirt pocket. They're also a whole lot less expensive. I think mine was about $5.99 at Target.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I was surprised at how slim looking the AAA penlight was. I remember when I first read about it, I was thinking, how can you make a penlight using AAA's? Well, it is pretty slim.

The Streamlight Stylus 3AAAA is like a real slim actual pen size though.

I ain't giving up my 2AAA River Rock .5W for either.

carrot

Flashaholic
I picked one up, and after playing around with it for a while, I'm ready to go pick up another. I just love the form factor... and if it packed a bit more punch, it'd be even better. Beam quality's not the best, but it's so slim...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
carrot said:
I have heard over and over that Energizer 9v have AAAAs in them... and I just unwrapped a 9v Duracell, also finding AAAAs.

Wow... I never knew that! Now I've got the urge to unwrap some batteries just to see for myself.
:huh:

carrot

Flashaholic
PhotonWrangler said:
Wow... I never knew that! Now I've got the urge to unwrap some batteries just to see for myself.
:huh:
It's like unwrapping presents, only more satisfying. I used wire cutters to unwrap it-- my needlenose pliers kept slipping.

Edit: I just tried to take the cells apart from each other, and managed to disembowel one by pulling on one of the contacts too hard.

Last edited: