L2P Question

Bonez

Newly Enlightened
I recently ordered 3 L2P's from 4sevens and first of all let me say that David is a pleasure to do business with. The lights (and the CR123 adapters) that I ordered came in 2 days!! (from georgia to ny)

My question is that on 2 of the 3 the tint of the Luxeon I is shifted twoard the yellow side of the spectrum (sorry if i dont remember the bin codes enough to quote the bin i feel it resembles)

I have already owned 3 L2P's and all three were the same white color. I am not mad at anyone and am quite familiar with the Luxeon lottery, but i was under the impression that the P designation denoted that they were at least being more selective in their choice of emmiters for the light. Both lights have already been given away as gifts, and I did not notice the color till I had given them away and the gracious owners had started to play with them (Let me just tell you guys that the CR123 adapter makes the light absolutley tiny compared to the stock L2P). I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed anything like that with their L2P. Both owners love the lights so I will not be burdening David with even the thought of a return as the light output is almost the same except for the color spectrum. (And I scored the 20% deal and enough out of margin is enough, I know this from selling and servicing retail audio)

:popcorn:

perfectname

Newly Enlightened
Bonez said:
. . .i was under the impression that the P designation denoted that they were at least being more selective in their choice of emmiters for the light.

I think it just means that they are using an R bin (for better brightness), not necessarily that the tint is any better.

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L2P is similar. Very bright, yet has a slight, but definite yellow/greenish tint.

-DF

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L2P, and L1P are white as snow.

The little LOP does have an "incandescent" color to it. Not enough to bother me. It may show colors better anyway.

jlomein

Enlightened
I would actually prefer if my LED lights had a slight yellowish tint. Makes them feel more natural like an incandecent light.

That said, my L1P has the slightest hint of blue tint when compared with my very white L2P.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought one from David's Fenix Store. I had to return the L2P because the tint was very green. Struck on the luxeon lottery. I hope the replacement will have a whiter tint.

Bonez

Newly Enlightened
I figured that the luxeon lottery was in effect for these lights. I had just found it weird that the previous 3 that I had in my possession were all uniformly the same color, pure white. Oh well not a big deal since everyone loved them :grin2:

Red

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 L2Ps.
One has a slightly yellow tint, and the other is quite white.

I have 2 L1Ps with exactly the same color tints.

I also have 2 L1s, and they also have exactly the same color tints.

I prefer the yellow tints.
I can see detail better with yellow than with white.