Intrinsically safe lights...

RigMedic

Newly Enlightened
I would like some recommendations for some good instrinsically safe flashlights, LED or incandescent, high-end or otherwise. I already have a Pelican Stealthlite and I know Pelican makes some IS incans...I was just wondering if their are any others I have overlooked. Reason for looking is that IS lights are all we're allowed to use out here offshore and I would also like one to keep for personal use with my bunker gear at the Vol. Fire Dept. when I'm off. Thanks in advance.

If this has already been posted somewhere, I apologize; a link to the particular thread would be appreciated, though.

changsn

Newly Enlightened
Hi RigMedic - The only one I am aware of is the UK 4AA eLED. Nice light & long runtimes...
Sam

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that the Streamlight ProPolymer line of lights are rated for various hazardous conditions. They come in both incan and LED.

-LT

RigMedic

Newly Enlightened
changsn said:
Hi RigMedic - The only one I am aware of is the UK 4AA eLED. Nice light & long runtimes...
Sam

Thanks...I was really hoping I could find an IS LED light

Lunal Tic..Thanks also...I'll look into those as well...It would be nice if that 4AA Lux is IS...From what I read it's really worth getting

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
4AA Luxeon ProPolymer

Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Div. 2, Group F, G; Class III, T3C (142 C)
Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Div. 2, Group F, G; Class III, T3C (142 C)
Meets applicable European Community Directives

-LT