Better Buy? M6 3W or Twintask 2L 3W

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which of these lights will throw farther and how much farther would they throw than my SureFire L6 and Inova T3? I need some throw!

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M6 3W review is here.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/pelican_m6_2390.htm

The Twintask 2L 3W is here.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/streamlight_tasklight_2l.htm

You be the Judge :) (BTW throw and output ratings are at the bottom of each review)

I personally would buy the M6 because of its switch location, type III anodization, and overall higher output and throw (Although the TwinTask does not have much less in both areas). Runtimes are also virtually the same. The greatest difference is in price but If I had the money for either I would get the M6 because I can expect greater quality from pelican. Steamlight has great quality as well but their aim at lights arent quality but to produce well working lights. An advantage the TT has is that it has different brightness settings but I personally dont need those. Once again, you be the judge.

Oh and yes they will have higher throw and output than an Inova T3 (Review here)
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_t.htm

I am not sure about the L6 but they will likely have more throw but less overall output than the L6.

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags said:
I personally would buy the M6 because of its switch location, type III anodization, and overall higher output and throw (Although the TwinTask does not have much less in both areas). Runtimes are also virtually the same. T

I agree.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i shouldnt buy either of these lights since i already have an l6 and has great regulation so far its pretty awesome but just need a tad more throw. Or should i go Surefire TurboHead or the A2 aviator. The M6 and 3W Twin task have more thorow than the A2 im dissapointed that a $80 light has more throw than a $200. I love My L6 i dont care! Thanks for all the opinions and Help. Beamshots will be greatly appreciated!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really need a light with more throw, you should consider an incandescent. If you're looking for something exotic, you can try one of the niche market products, for something more conventional, you might want to look at one of the rechargeables like the Mag Charger or SL-20X-LED.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of the lights mentioned will most likely outthrow the L6. They are smaller too, but if you want A LOT of throw you should go with a larger incand light, and a turbohead is a good idea too.

-david

Wrangler

Enlightened
The Streamlight 2-L 3W is a great light and I like mine (have 2 of them) a lot!

Unfortunately the LED`s are limited in throw. Better get you a Streamlight TL3 for those needs! You can find several threads and lots of positive comments about that "throwmonster".

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
the PM6 incand is a throw monstor too, and it only uses 2 cells.

-David