Pelican M6?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have any experience with this light and can you put the incan module in the LED version?

I feel this could be a fun light to play around with and mod so I pulled the trigger on one and some accessories from the bay and LF.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That is good to know so I don't have to buy two models. The stock LED seems to be weaker than the stock incan.
Keep in mind when the LED version first came out. Back then, if you wanted the brightest option, you bought the incandescent one. If you wanted longer runtimes at the cost of output, you bought the LED versions.

Also, an Authorized Dealer acquaintance back in the day filled me in on the biggest issue with the LED versions. Pelican it seems was awfully "generous" with the LED output numbers. And I mean too generous, even by industry At-The-Emitter lumens ratings. Bit of a scandal. This A.D. owned and operated a general lighting store in Manhattan at the time. Brick & Mortar shop. He knew me as a semi-regular. And, not just warned me regarding the LED lumens numbers but actually refused to sell me the light! Well, that was good enough for me.

I do own an M6, but it's the one made by SureFire.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many iterations of the Peli M6. I did a review of the original limited LED 3W run initiated by Battery Station some 20 years ago. Sorry about some missing photos; I've had to change photo servers several times over the years and miss updating some links to old posts.

Mine only has a serial number of #201, no model number then. Later I had a thread about replacing the original Luxeon to an SSC, which is where mine is today. I may think about a handmade mod for a Nichia 219.

Here's my thread about modding the LED:

I have no idea about their later changes to the M6.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put in an Lumen Factory module and a 16650 Orbtronics battery and have a swell light.

I really feel I'm still a newb at modding lights but this combo really worked out well. I was able to use my Pila charger for the 16650 and LF just made an upgrade to the Pelican conversion so it fits better or something. It fits great in a Blackhawk pouch for a 6P and I can mod the switch next. It will accept a SF 6p switch but it doesn't work as good as you would imagine but opens the door for other stuff. I really like this light.