Is it safe to use electronic contact cleaner on a Pelican 2360 light?

busseguy

Enlightened
I bought some quick drying electronic contact cleaner to clean some contacts in my car and was wondering if it would be okay to use it on my Pelican 2360 2AA flashlight? It has some flickering on low mode and I wanted to see if this might take care of that. The head on this is non removable so I would have to remove the tailcap and spray down inside the body to reach the contacts at the head.

I know Deoxit is probably the better option but it's not what I have available so wanted to try this first.

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't spray an unknown-ingredient contact cleaner into a light, or even Deoxit. As mentioned, get some 6 inch cotton applicators to reach into the tube. Most contact problems are solved by cleaning all contact points including head, threads, springs, tailcap threads, etc, and applying a little Deoxit to the contacts and Nyogel or the like to the threads. If that doesn't help, you may be better off using the Pelican lifetime warranty.

busseguy

Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys. I'll pick up some of the long q tips and do it that way.