PM6 and 30' drop to a hardwood floor *pics of course*

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, on top of my ladder opening an attic door in a flooring store, I felt it slide out of my hand.. I had enough time to watch it cartwheel to the floor, look back at my hand to make sure it was really happening, then back at the light as it hit bezel down..

PICT0313.jpg

It didn't make a sound, but I knew what was waiting for me when I got back down. I knew I had my L4 with me so the job would get done, but still..

PICT0312.jpg

This was a mineral glass replacement lens, it didn't have a good reaction to sudden deceleration.
I still have my original lens and will try to squeeze everything back into place tonight...
On a better note, I used the light in this condition to do my entire inspection, it rattled a bit going around corners but never quit or so much as hesitated.
I have dropped two lights now, both from abnormally high.. If this floor was anything but wood I may not be so happy, like the guy who owned the wood floor it hit. :)

The worst part is that this light was a gift from Britt, a voice I miss around here.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I want to see beam shot pictures with the cracked lens still in!

That's too bad, but it could have been worse. You could have been workng over a well.:grin2:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once dropped my U2 on a hardwood floor, and it broke the floor :D it makes a heck of a lot of noise even when dropped from normal handholding height!

U2 is fine though.. this drop was not as severe as yours.

The light can be repaired, so don't worry about it. Is it a LED or incan?

AuroraLite

Enlightened
From the reflector, it does kinda look like it is incan(wild guess). And if it is indeed incan, I am quite surprised that it didn't break the filament inside, wonder it is because of the construction or pelican had purposedly design it such way to make it 'unbreakable'....reminded me another thread which our member dropping the light repeatedly on concrete from a lift(was it CHC doing it with a SL 4AA lux?)

Btw, sorry to hear about the light! :ohgeez:

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's incandescent. :)
As odd as it sounds the beam did not seem to be affected by the damage, but I wasn't white walling it, just using it.

Another thing I noticed when I took it apart is that the bulb spring was lodged tightly over the positive contact of the battery (batter station) and the battery seems to be slightly compressed.
I put the old lens back in and you would hardly know it was dropped.