Energizer NiMH Date code...

amanichen

Enlightened
I just picked up a new set of Energizer 2500mAh AA batteries.

Stamped on the wrapper is "01-06", which I take to mean a date of manufacture of January 2006.

I also have an older set of 2100mAh with "03-05 00" is stamped onto the wrapper. I've had them for a few years, but don't remember exactly how long it's been. I'm fairly confident that they're too old to be 2005 year batteries. Does anybody know what the older date code format means? Is it a 2003 year or 2000 year, or none of the above?

Last edited:

nima

Newly Enlightened
I bought a four-pack (I think in march), and mine are printed with "0106". Many manufacturers like to use weeks in the numbers they print on their products for some reason, so it could be something like the number of weeks since they started producing this product. This could also be something unrelated to the date, perhaps a revision number. I think your older set may be DD-MM YY, or something similar.

Everyone, get your Energizer rechargables out and post the code on them!

My Streamlight 4AA Luxeon has "0206" on it. I purchased this in march as well. Anyone have any idea what this could mean, besides Feb. 2006?

By the way, this is my first post. :)

dekelsey61

Newly Enlightened
Amanichen+Nima, Some battery manufactures do use a year and week(Black and Decker) but Energizer uses month an year. So Amanichen you were right. If a code is 07-05 It would be July of 2005. I had talked to energizer about this and that is what they told me. All batteries that are sanyo relabled are marked like this. Even the new sanyo 2700mah bateeries I have have a code of 01-06. that would be January of 2006. Hope this helps you out.
Dan

amanichen

Enlightened
dekelsey61 said:
Amanichen+Nima, Some battery manufactures do use a year and week(Black and Decker) but Energizer uses month an year. So Amanichen you were right. If a code is 07-05 It would be July of 2005. I had talked to energizer about this and that is what they told me. All batteries that are sanyo relabled are marked like this. Even the new sanyo 2700mah bateeries I have have a code of 01-06. that would be January of 2006. Hope this helps you out.
Dan
What's the extra pair of zeros for? I've at least had these batteries for two summers now, which would rule out a 2005 date of manufacture.

Edit: I've had these at least since the summer of 2004, which makes a manufacture year of 2005 impossible. So going by the numbers on the date code, I'm guessing they're '03 or '00 batteries

Last edited:

amanichen

Enlightened
So it seems like there's no consistent logic to the date stamps? Hrm...I suppose I should call Energizer tomorrow to see if they can decode the stamp on my older set. Thanks to everbody who contributed

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
I have two sets of 4 with codes 0106 and 0206. I bought 0206 today, and the other I bought over a month ago. It seems like the numbers represent dates.

yawglenn

Newly Enlightened
I have over a couple dozen Energizer NiMH's andby a quick check it seems it's mm-yy and I guessing the last 2 (letters and numbers it seems) are to do with which production line and/or run it came from.