Bet you didn't know George Clooney's a Flashaholic

Dawg

Enlightened
DSC00012sm1.jpg

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess what light is that? I would say definetly an incandescent, maybe it's a E1e, E2e, or a Streamlight, he seems to be using it as if the on/off switch was in the back.

What do you think?

AlexGT

Macaw

Enlightened
Hey! His house is almost as nice as mine!:lolsign:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats not actually a flashlight is it? it is just a bright "beam" that was put onto his hand in the picture.

-David

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Hard to tell for sure. I think I see a little bit of backscatter on the other guy's forehead, but that could be from the camera's flash. For that matter, whatever that bright spot is could actually be a reflection from something shiny that he's holding or wearing...?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe its a ring on his finger, and he's showing off his "bling."

-David

Bozzlite

Enlightened
Wow, good snapshot. I'm very curious as to where this picture was taken. Maybe at his hunting cabin? No, that wouldn't be right at all, I don't think George is a hunter. And who is the other guy in the picture, sure looks familiar.

Is that a hospital band on George's arm?

The light beam looks as if it might be coming from a crenalated head. So, it could be a Q3. Probably a SureFire Aviator tho.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
He's wearing a white 'ONE' promotional bracelet. It looks like he's just holding his chin, but the beam has that light reflection off to the side...

bole64

Newly Enlightened
This picture does not scream photo shop to me. That second ear business is completely off. That is just part of the chair. I don't know, it seems real to me, I am just curious as to where the pic came from. Defiantly an incan.

batman

Enlightened
maybe I"m the last person to notice this but look closely at the light then look directly to the right. You will see his middle finger flipping the cameraman off, therefore the light beam is photoshopped in. That house doesn't look fit for my dog to live in so I doubt that's Clooney's face too. The whole picture is probably an eclectic collection of random BS photoshopped together.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I think he really was in that picture. The light reflecting off of his face looks exactly the same as the light frmo the other guy's face in terms of brightness, direction and color temperature. I'm starting to lean towards the glint being added later though.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
batman said:
maybe I"m the last person to notice this but look closely at the light then look directly to the right. You will see his middle finger flipping the cameraman off, therefore the light beam is photoshopped in. That house doesn't look fit for my dog to live in so I doubt that's Clooney's face too. The whole picture is probably an eclectic collection of random BS photoshopped together.

no, look at his wrist, it is twisted so that he couldnt be flipping him off.

-David

AlexSchira

Enlightened
I don't doubt it's actually Clooney, although the location definitely needs an explanatio. It's not some bored guy with a camera, George is actually dressed nicely with a ONE bracelet, an organization he did a commercial with. My guess would be a Hurricane-hit location, retreat or relatives cabin or something.

Now, the poster didn't list a source, meaning they may just be posting a photoshop they made for kicks without knowing to explain that it's a joke.

Then again, the posturing of the arm doesn't look like a bird-flip or a leaning fist like Ifirst thought. It's actually bent like it's holding a light, and the glare off to the side seems consistant with an actual incan beam. If George was hanging around a Katrina shelter and posed for a picture, why not do it with some one's fun little flashlight?

Dawg

Enlightened
You guys are funny with your speculations. Some are pretty good. The Photo was taken in Africa about a week and a half ago, in Abeche Chad. This photo of the young man (someone I know), he is a manager of security for a UN relief team working in the Dafur region of Sudan. There is a sizable rebellion in progress and this photo was taken during a brief respite and libation before the next days PR. Clooney was there with his Dad "Nick". Clooney was playing with an unidentified "Surefire" flashlight.

This week he will be appearing on Oprah and doing interviews about his visit to Africa on the Today show and Wolf Blitzer. He will be in a rally in DC sometime this week as well, I believe.

Edit.....From what I understand, the Surefire is his flashlight and he has a few with him at all times. He is a flashaholic.

Last edited:

s.duff

Enlightened
i dont think that he's flipping the bird. i cant see the guy next to him looking that serious and expressionless if george was flipping off the camera man.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Thanks for the explanation, Dawg. We could've easily worked ourselves into a tizzy with speculation! Good for both of them for doing what they're doing for the region.

Dawg

Enlightened
Here is another picture of the young man, this time without the hat and a little more facial hair from last year, in the same place.

BurkinaFaso.jpg