• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Kydex keychain sheaths

kennyj

Enlightened
My new idea for carrying some of my favorite "toys" on my keychain is to attach the keychain to a Kydex sheath fitted to the object, such that rather than using a clip to attach/detach the tool I need, I just have to give it a good yank and out from the sheath it comes.

I have an Arc-AAA which I'd like to be able to use with the LED facing out, as well as a Leatherman Squirt S4 which I'd like to use with the tweezers accessible.

Needless to say, the sheaths have to be as small as possible and there needs to be a balance between security and ease of drawing/resheathing.

edakoppo

Newly Enlightened
I've bought one of his stock sheaths (for a Mora 2000) and had a custom done for a Gerber Multiplier. Given the hassles of shipping to Canada, that cost more than the sheath, and I don't recommend it.

The Mora sheath is tight but responds to a firm tug, which is just what I want for a survival piece. The Multiplier sheath was so tight (it was meant to open the pliers on the draw) it wouldn't stay still on the belt, and the draw was inevitably fouled. I ended up dumping that one, in part because the belt mounting system I'd asked for was not done. I have not examined or owned any of the keyring sheaths myself but I've heard that some of his SAK sheaths were so tight the toothpick and/or tweezers would come out of the knife on the draw.

YMMV, and you might be able to get him to make sheaths that split the difference as you initially posted.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortechs said:
See this thread for some possibilities from LITEmania (http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=108356).

Yup, see here for the maker, Mr. Lee's full range of kydex sheaths & you can email Warren (LITEmania) to liaise for any enquiries or orders unless you understand Korean. :D

There's a keyring sheath for Leatherman Squirt S4 with tweezers accessible on this page. Scroll down to somewhere in the middle. You might be able to find something that'll fit the ArcAAA too maybe. :eek: