Got my Lambda and other light comparisons

Ron

Newly Enlightened
I got mine today. Very nice light. Gives a very nice amount of light for a small form factor. If you are lucky enough to have the chance to get one, go for it, you won't be sorry.

Below are links show a few of my lights and also beam shots. Some of the lights are ones I have done myself.

Here are some of the lights

Here are some of my brightest LED lights

My Lambda comparison - It holds it own agains the big boys.

My White LS Second

My own Energizer AAA Double Barrel 4 LED mod

My own 2 LED mod direct driven by 3 NIMH AA

Lambda out shining LS 123

I also have Arc AAA, Pal Lights... So many lights, so little darkness.

Ron

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Nics pics. And that 2 LS Direct Drive is Da Bomb. LOTS of heatsinking I would imagine.

Ron

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
Nics pics. And that 2 LS Direct Drive is Da Bomb. LOTS of heatsinking I would imagine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, It is a 3c Mag with the Luxeons in parallel. The Luxeons are attached to a copper plate and the plate attached to the Mag so the entire light is the heat sync. Plenty of heat sync compound used to. I have not checked burn time yet but when I need lots of light it is the one I grab.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ron, nice output from that twin-LS of yours!
I'm beginning to find from reading about all the various twin-LS projects on the CPF and from my own tests that something "magical" seems to happen when they are connected in series and powered by any cell combination that gives 8 volts or more. They kinda "open up" and REALLY start blasting out photons, like some turbocharger was bolted on or something. The pix don't always say everything, so, visually, how would you rate your tri-LS mod against the twin-LS?

Ron

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
Ron, nice output from that twin-LS of yours!
I'm beginning to find from reading about all the various twin-LS projects on the CPF and from my own tests that something "magical" seems to happen when they are connected in series and powered by any cell combination that gives 8 volts or more. They kinda "open up" and REALLY start blasting out photons, like some turbocharger was bolted on or something. The pix don't always say everything, so, visually, how would you rate your tri-LS mod against the twin-LS?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks

In both the Luxeons are in parallel. The light output is similar or even a little brighter with the direct drive. Since the 3 Luxeon mod is in a plastic light, I could not do a lot of heat syncing so I added some resistors. I don't remember how much. The 2 Luxeon direct drive is in a Mag so I could heat sinc from the Luxeon to a copper plate to the Mag. The both use standard batteries so they get about 4.5 volts. I have not done an amp reading.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron:
Lambda out shining LS 123
Ron
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea but LOOK at how SMALL that ARC LS is! WOW! I tell yea that is truely remarkeable! I can't wait to have one of those in my hands!

shocked.gif

Ron

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
Yea but LOOK at how SMALL that ARC LS is! WOW! I tell yea that is truely remarkeable! I can't wait to have one of those in my hands!

shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For it's size the LS 123 is probably the brightest of the bunch. I carry an Arc AAA on my keychain because it fits better in the pocket. If I think I might need more light I grab the LS. If I know I need more light I will probably now grab the Lambda. If I want lots of light for a long time it will be the 3c Mag with the 2 Luxeons. My wife just does not understand.
grin.gif

Now if the high domes would just come out.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I was impressed about how well the little ARC LS 123 did, also! It's a killer little light, fast approaching my fave light for almost anything but tactical use. It's made my E1 obsolete, and more often than not it replaces my E2 for EDC.

Joe

Ron

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuddTX:
You have a 3 luxeon Flashlight?

Let's see some beam pictures of that baby! (please)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you follow the second link in my original post it is the center light. Had to limit them with resistors because it is a plastic light so I could not heat sync well. My 2 luxeon is a little brighter but they both put out enough light for most tasks.