SL ProPoly 4AA Luxeon & ProPoly 3C Luxeon

Spin

Enlightened
Is there a "significant" difference between the throw & brightness of the above two lights to warrant buying one over the other? In reference to the 3C model, who has the cheapest price if i decice to make a purchase?

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't believe there is a useful difference in output or throw between the two lights. Mostly what you gain is runtime with the 3C.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
A "significant" difference is one that will be visually apparent (no kidding, it takes quite a bit of difference in output for it to be visually noticable.) And there is indeed a visually distinguishable difference between the 4AA and 3C models. The hot spot on the 3C is a bit larger, and it does have more throw (also overall output). The tradeoff is that the 3C is a larger light, about the length of a 2D light and a bit heavier. While the 4AA is formidable already, the 3C version is just a bit better if you're looking for more throw and overall output. The switch on the 3C is noticably stiffer than on the 4AA if is an issue.

Fox Intl. had a great price ($26.95 I think?) when they were running it as a special, however that offer has since ended and it's now at around $30-31. You might want to use some of the shopping search engines to see what pricing you can get, though I've found that it's often better to shop with an established reliable vendor (like Fox or Brightguy)

Spin said:
Is there a "significant" difference between the throw & brightness of the above two lights to warrant buying one over the other? In reference to the 3C model, who has the cheapest price if i decice to make a purchase?