I think I'm done buying lights for a while

SCblur

Enlightened
With my recent acquisition of an L2, I think I've rounded out my collection with every feature I can think of needing. I have all of the following features taken care of:

bright
dim
LED
incan
flood
throw
runtime
compact size
on and on.

I honestly can't think of anything else I'm missing at this point. Maybe I'm still on a 'high' from my recent flashlight purchase, but I think I'm content for a while now. Maybe I can finally start saving some money again? Wait, nix that idea, I have to start investing in batteries to feed these things.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your just suffering from flashlight overload or burnout.

there are new models comming out all the time, It will not be long before another flashlight caches you eye.

regards.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I felt that way too...until Target had it's Dorcy closeout sale of 3D 1W LED lights for $5.83, RR 0.5W LED headlamps for $3.84, 4sevens had his brief L1P discount, his Fenix Civictor's arrived, and so on.

It just meant my buying threshold had gone up, it hadn't gone away. With electronic (i.e. the LED type) technology advancing and a growing number of motivated suppliers (Fenix et al), I expect to continue to be tickled by new things in the future.

Nell

Enlightened
I've been done, but I keep looking and SPENDING. Somebody help me please.

greenLED

Flashaholic
SCblur said:
With my recent acquisition of an L2, I think I've rounded out my collection with every feature I can think of needing.
:thinking: I'm afraid you still need spares, and backups for the spares, and... :devil:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel ya SC. With the arrival of my Firelfi, Titanium charger, and Fenixes for the family, I think it's time to stop checking BST 3 to 5 times a day.

rcashel11

Newly Enlightened
SCblur said:
With my recent acquisition of an L2, I think I've rounded out my collection with every feature I can think of needing.

That's what you think now...

Eventually you'll save enough and start wondering about which lights you need.

Illum

Flashaholic
A few hours after exploring the forum, go take a walk, look at lights in a store, watch a movie with actors using lights, bytomorrow afternoon your wallet will have something missing and you won't know until the UPS man rings the doore bell...

:lolsign::lolsign::lolsign:
It could happen tomorrow...

SCblur

Enlightened
greenLED said:
:thinking: I'm afraid you still need spares, and backups for the spares, and... :devil:

Spares? Backup spares? Crap, I didn't even think about that. In that case, I'm just getting started. I knew you guys would pull me out of my stupor. Thanks for the support.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I told myself that too, then SOMEHOW and order for an E1e-BK and Surefire 6P-USA went out. I have NO idea how that happened! ;)

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
SCblur said:
With my recent acquisition of an L2....Maybe I'm still on a 'high' from my recent flashlight purchase, but I think I'm content for a while now.
I don't believe any flashaholic who makes a claim like this right after a purchase. Of course there is a period of satisfaction with buying a good light, but it wears off and the DT's start again....:laughing:

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wont stop spending money until my aleph hunt is complete, its fun though, alot more rewarding then going to target to buy a dorcy. I used to enjoy that, but i feel that those lights dont have real history behind them, oh well. I usually enjoy a new light for one full day, and the next day im reading up on upgrades ect. I still like my Q3 though.

faucon

Enlightened
SCBlur,

You already have a very nice collection. I thought I was through buying new lights, too---until the new Fenix lights came out, and the Surefire A2 began to appeal to me more and more...and on and on. Since no one light can do it all, and new models are constantly being introduced, I'm afraid that our hobby may be a never-ending pursuit! :) I have slowed down my purchases, though, as my collection has grown and I can't justify buying everything that appeals to me the first time I see it. I just know I'm not finished yet!