I gave away a flashlight.

Galane

Newly Enlightened
I had a new water valve installed on my fridge and the guy was having 'fun' trying to work with a handheld light. He was wearing a baseball cap so I pulled out a new Olight i3E EOS 1xAAA with a clip. That light has two grooves for the clip so it can be put on a cap visor, or lens down in a pocket.

He really appreciated it because it shines light right where he looked. It's also small and lightweight and plenty bright. Hopefully he'll never lose it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
About 15 years ago, co-worker was admiring my Garrity single-AAA LED light. (Internally, it's a cheap piece-O-crap.) Due to a mix-up that wasn't my fault, she got inconvenienced. So to help her out, I gifted it to her. She was very happy. Hopefully she still has it. Unfortunately she's dumber than a sack of rocks. Hopefully it still lives at the bottom of her purse.

Chadder

Enlightened
One of my police buddies called me because he was going into an attic to get a suspect that was hiding. As he began to crawl up into the attic his Stinger died on him. He was still using an his original incan stinger. I was shocked! I gave him a much newer LED stinger and told him it would change his life! LOL

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED Stinger is a great light. Not only does it have many high quality holsters but it is what you would expect out of a professional grade flashlight. The Stinger 2020 is even better with adjustable lumens and quick swap battery packs.

When Fenix introductd it's first dedicated duty light (the TK09), I gifted one (along with a charger and four 18650 cells) to my cousin's son upon his graduation from the state's police academy. The TK09 boasted 24,000 candela at the HIGH setting, at 950 lumens. Impressively bright at the time, and no slouch even today. When he first turned it on I was gratified to hear him spontainously exclaim... "Holy crap, this thing is BRIGHT!"

He's used the TK09 as his duty light for several years now. When I asked him about whether he's given any thought to acquiring a newer, more powerful torch, he replied "Nope".

Money, well spent. (y)