• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: JIL DD/1.3W, Exolion, UXOJ sandwhiches - WOW!!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update June 17:
I've finally got the UXOJ leds and will ship out the remaning orders on Monday. Cheers!

Update June 6:
I've begun to ship out some UWOJ orders as I have not got the UXOJ leds yet.

All I can say is WOW! Bright! Look at post #95 thoughts!

Update May 28:
Check post 7 for ordering instructions.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm planning to offer a limited number of UWOJ JIL DD/1.3W and exolion sandwhiches.

I'll spare all the details that can be found in the links under my signature but i'll note the differences.

JIL Intelli Owners:
- $30 for complete sandwhich WITHOUT the inside ring

JIL 1.3W Owners:
- $30 for complete sandwhich

Exolion Owners:
- $30 for complete sandwhich to drop into exolion light can. Users can opt for the default V2.1 programming or the Exolion interface. Also changed will be the use of two higher powered LDO regulators that will give the UWOJ a full 1A on a fresh charge.

All users:

- +$20 for UWOJ
- +$12 for TWOH
- +$12 for TXOH

If the UWOJ was opted, the use of regular CR2 batteries will produce a slightly dimmer light but RCR2s would be wicked bright with a U binned led.

I expect to start shipping these in the beginning of June. State your mark and I can order more UWOJ leds from FRED to accomadate all the orders. Cheers!

Also, please add $3 for shipping to anywhere in the world. Tracking and other priority services are costly so I will not provide that option and I can not be responsible for losses. Hope you all understand.

Cheers!

Last edited:

s.duff

Enlightened
Re: FS: JIL DD/1.3W, Exolion UWOJ sandwhiches

when you are talking 1.3w, are you including the up models or just the dd models? and for the intelli sandwich, our gain is the brighter capability with rcr2s? will unregulated rcr2s work ok with this?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, these are flupic modules and you can use unprotected RCR2. The only benefit is brighter with the U bin with RCR2s...

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

And also, yes, the 1.3W can be upgraded to use the flupic module as well. The host is just a little larger, that's all.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

OK. I'm going to take my chances on the following:

(2-units) JIL Intelli Owners:
- $30 + $20 (UWOJ) for complete sandwhich WITHOUT the inside ring

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please following ordering instructions carefully. I have created this to help keep track of all the orders and hopefully any special instructions. These will most likely ship on the week of June 5th.

Step 1. Click on the Buy Now icons below to automatically send you a PayPal page

JIL Intelli/JIL 1.3W/Exolion Sandwhich + LED

PP Cash $50 + $3 for shipping:
PP CC + 3% $51.5 + $3 for shipping:

JIL DD Ring conversion to JIL Intelli

PP Cash $5:
PP CC + 3% $5.15:

Step 2. In the Notes section of the Paypal page, please use the following template:

1. (Light - JIL Intell, JIL 1.3W, Exolion)
2. (LED - UWOJ, UXOJ only those in the list below)
3. (Firmware - V2.1, Exolion, Custom must discuss with me first)

Step 3. MUST fill in a valid address. I will use the Paypal address as the shipping address.

Step 4. Assume responsibility for lost mail because additional shipping options are not available (not that it happens often)

1. TIN - JIL DD - UWOJ - V2.1 - + Ring
2. TIN - JIL DD - UWOJ - V2.1 - + Ring
3. luxlunatic - Exolion - UWOJ - V2.1
4. s.duff - JIL DD - UWOJ - V2.1
5. s.duff - JIL 1.3W - UWOJ - V2.1
6. Roboholic - Exolion - UWOJ - V2.1
7. sideman7 - Exolion - UWOJ - V2.1
8. Planterz - JIL DD - UWOJ - V2.1
9. Planterz - Exolion - UWOJ - V2.1
10. ICUDoc - Exolion - UWOJ - V2.1
11. kiely23+ - Exolion - UXOJ - V2.1
12. FlashMike - Exolion - UWOJ - V2.1
13. Geologist - Exolion - UXOJ - V2.1
14. nugget - Exolion - UWOJ - V2.1
15. flashlight - Exolion - UXOJ - Exolion
16. mohr - Exolion - UWOJ - V2.1
17. quantile - Exolion - UXOJ - V2.1
18. JimH - JIL DD - UWOJ - V2.1
19. JimH - Exolion - UWOJ - Exolion
20. Greymage - Exolion - UXOJ?? - V2.1
21. Lunarmodule - Exolion - UXOJ?? - V2.1
22. Lunarmodule - Exolion - UXOJ?? - V2.1
23. Lunarmodule - JIL 1.3W - UXOJ?? - V2.1
24. Shaocaholica - Exolion - UWOJ - V2.1

Last edited:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: JIL DD/1.3W, Exolion UWOJ, TXOH, TWOH sandwhiches

I would like 1 Exolion complete sandwich, V2.1, UWOJ. Thanks!

s.duff

Enlightened

ok, im thinking that i would like the complete sandwiches for intelli and 1.3uP both with ubin. also, the intelli option is without inside ring, do i need to scrounge one up, or will this work with my intelli as is?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

The point is if you already have in Intelli, the ring inside exists. No need anything extra. This is where the discount comes in. If you just have a JIL DD and want to upgrade to intelli, you can order this from me and + $5 for the ring. This makes the price consistient with my other threads about the JIL DD upgrade.

Cheers!

s.duff

Enlightened

great. so i'm in for a u bin sandwich for my intelli and a ubin sandwich for my
1.3w(uP). thanks

Roboholic

Enlightened

I would like 1 Exolion complete sandwich, V2.1, UWOJ. Thanks!

You had also mentioned that you would also do this when the K2's became available. I wil be in for that as well.

Roboholic

sideman7

Newly Enlightened

I'm interested in a UWOJ Exolion sandwich (mmm... sandwich). I'm not sure whether I want the v2.1 or Exolion interface since I have no idea what the v2.1 is...

OK, I found some info... the V2.1 sounds interesting. I'll go with that.

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sign me up for:

1x Jil Intelli/DD UWOJ no ring
1x Exolion UWOJ w/v2.1

One (newbish) question: since the U bin is more effecient than the T bin, could I expect the same thermal characteristics with the brighter LED? What I mean is, will it get hotter quicker than the T bin, or will it be the same?

ICUDoc

Enlightened

goldserve

This is what I was after
I'll take an Exolion high-power V2.1 sambo with UWOJ please.

vortechs

Enlightened

The FLuPIC module is awesome.

I'm glad to see that there is finally a drop-in U-bin option for the JIL-CR2. Thanks goldserve.

I believe PhotonFanatic's UW0J LED's have the normal (non-joker) die height, so people who want to upgrade might want to be aware of what type of LED die height (non-joker vs. joker) their current reflector is optimized for. I believe the JIL's with the TW0J LED's have the non-joker reflector and the JIL's with the TW0H LED's have the joker reflector. However, you can always order another reflector from Warren (LITEmania), although I don't know what his current supply of non-joker JIL reflectors is like. See this thread (here) for more info on the JIL-CR2 series (especially post #4).

Note that when you put the FLuPIC sandwich into the JIL-CR2 1.3W model, the existing micropuck boost circuit must be removed so the light loses the ability to boost regular 3V CR2 primary cells (but gains the ability to use rechargeable RCR2 Li-Ion cells for even greater brightness). Essentially, the 1.3W model modded with a FLuPIC becomes a slightly longer version of the JIL-CR2 Intelli (which is based on the DD model). Some people have liked the longer length because it provides more area to grasp the bezel for one-handed operation. I've been waiting for the day when there is a JIL-CR2 version that has both the boost converter of the 1.3W version for using primary cells and the FLuPIC with LDO for using Li-Ion cells, but the limited space inside the JIL-CR2 1.3W head has prevented this sort of configuration so far.

kiely23+

Enlightened

Hi, :grin2:

I am interested in 1 Exolion complete sandwich, V2.1, UWOJ.
Marco

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

vortechs said:
The FLuPIC module is awesome.

I'm glad to see that there is finally a drop-in U-bin option for the JIL-CR2. Thanks goldserve.

I believe PhotonFanatic's UW0J LED's have the normal (non-joker) die height, so people who want to upgrade might want to be aware of what type of LED die height (non-joker vs. joker) their current reflector is optimized for. I believe the JIL's with the TW0J LED's have the non-joker reflector and the JIL's with the TW0H LED's have the joker reflector. However, you can always order another reflector from Warren (LITEmania), although I don't know what his current supply of non-joker JIL reflectors is like. See this thread (here) for more info on the JIL-CR2 series (especially post #4).

Note that when you put the FLuPIC sandwich into the JIL-CR2 1.3W model, the existing micropuck boost circuit must be removed so the light loses the ability to boost regular 3V CR2 primary cells (but gains the ability to use rechargeable RCR2 Li-Ion cells for even greater brightness). Essentially, the 1.3W model modded with a FLuPIC becomes a slightly longer version of the JIL-CR2 Intelli (which is based on the DD model). Some people have liked the longer length because it provides more area to grasp the bezel for one-handed operation. I've been waiting for the day when there is a JIL-CR2 version that has both the boost converter of the 1.3W version for using primary cells and the FLuPIC with LDO for using Li-Ion cells, but the limited space inside the JIL-CR2 1.3W head has prevented this sort of configuration so far.

I'm confused now. Will these Jil-DD/Intelli drop-ins work with the standard Jil reflector?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes they will work with the standard JIL reflector.

You will have to ask Warren what difference the optimized joker height reflector makes.

Anyhow, with a U bin led, you get more light coming out the end. This extra light may come out in the side spill or the hot spot. I don't even know if there is a way for you to tell if you got a joker optimized reflector or not. Assuming you got an old JIL DD, then it will not be optimized.

The next question is, what height are these UWOJs at from FRED???