Pelican Fans - Tune in, in June

greenLED

Flashaholic
Pelican lights on TV: Made in America

TV Show alert!! :)

On today's episode of Made in America (Travel Channel - US), they visited the Pelican factory. They showed how their lights are made, and this "museum" they have of returned lights. Some pretty messed up "patients" still light up and are on display there. They also talk about their cases, etc.

Pretty cool stuff. If I lived closer to them I'd probably be knocking on their doors. :)

Tidbit: D'ya know Pelican employees get free cases? At least that's what they said on the show.

Here's a schedule for the show. Look for the "Alliance Rubber Bands" episode.

Last edited:

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Re: Pelican lights on TV: Made in America

According to that link, the last showing of that episode was on today, at least for this month.:scowl: I missed it every time and I even had it marked in my planner for one of the days. Crud.

I would like to see the Diamond Match episode though, maybe I'll do better remembering to watch that one.

iamerror

Enlightened
Re: Pelican lights on TV: Made in America

Is the Pelican company that makes cases the same as the Pelican flashlight company?

Lucero

Enlightened
Has anyone else seen the show, "Made in America"?? It's a half-hour show on the Travel Channel, hosted by John Ratzenberger (the mailman on Cheers). He tours the USA in a $400,000 RV and highlights factories across the states - three factories per episode.

They showed the history of the Pelican company, as a military supplier of "anvil" cases made of "plastic", and included some info on the flashlights. Here's the upcoming showtimes:

JUN 06 2006
@ 09:30 PM

JUN 07 2006
@ 12:30 AM

JUN 10 2006
@ 04:30 PM

http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/jrmia/goods/season3/rubberband.html

Lucero

greenLED

Flashaholic
I made a similar post a while back:

(Moderator note: I merged GreenLED's thread with this new one).

Last edited by a moderator:

WNG

Enlightened
Free cases, eh? Time to send them my resume!
:)
I'd love to see this show, too bad I don't get the Travel Channel.
Hmmm, maybe someone will submit a bit-torrent of the segment?