Does Streamlight manufacture anything in the US?

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that although Streamlight is American, they seem to outsource production overseas & assemble flashlights in the US with foreign components. I don't know if this is the case or not.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Most of their lineup is listed as made in China. A few lights are assembled in USA, like the SL-20L and the Stinger 2020.
My guess there is the contracts they have with law enforcement divisions require US assembly at least. Like my local city only allows fleet vehicles be by US owned companies and built in the US.

One year a supervisor spec'd a truck that only Nissan could fulfill. The supervisor was invited to retire or her job title would magically no longer exist.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seen a Streamlight Poly light locally that is assembled in USA. I'm considering getting it.

You know hsinching if we had a friends function on here I would add you. You bring up a lot of interesting topics. I too wonder about which Streamlights are US made. I have quite a number of them and only one was Made in China because I didn't check before buying.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polytac

Attachments

• 0536AF84-66F1-4BBB-A507-ECA478D6C78E.jpeg
    0536AF84-66F1-4BBB-A507-ECA478D6C78E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 68

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess there is the contracts they have with law enforcement divisions require US assembly at least. Like my local city only allows fleet vehicles be by US owned companies and built in the US.

One year a supervisor spec'd a truck that only Nissan could fulfill. The supervisor was invited to retire or her job title would magically no longer exist.
Sometimes the Japs build the highest content US made vehicles. Meanwhile RAM, Ford, and Chevy can be made in Canada, Mexico, or Turkey. Buick even made some vehicles in China but I understand that was to supply the local market where Buicks are highly valued because a Chinese emperor(sp?) had one in like the 1920s or something.

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes the Japs build the highest content US made vehicles. Meanwhile RAM, Ford, and Chevy can be made in Canada, Mexico, or Turkey. Buick even made some vehicles in China but I understand that was to supply the local market where Buicks are highly valued because a Chinese emperor(sp?) had one in like the 1920s or something.

Does Streamlight offer Berry Compliant flashlights for law enforcement/military?