Mag Charger with WA1160 bulb...how many CP?

AggiePhil

Newly Enlightened
I have a friend who wants to know the CP rating of a Mag Charger with the WA1160 bulb. Surprisingly, I can't find that anywhere on this site. Thanks!

mdocod

Flashaholic
depends on how you focus it..
Candle Power is not a measurment of total light output- it's a measurment of light intensity at 1 point in the beam..

so if using the stock magcharger reflector, (which i understand is smooth) you can get a pretty tight focus and a high candlepower measurment in the beam.. but as soon as you widen the beam up, the candlepower rating drops- but the overall output remains the same...

keep in mind- if you are thinking about how it compares to those spotlights that say "10 million candle power." those spotlights that use huge candlepower ratings have reflectors designed to cross the beam pattern at some point out in front of the flashlight- which results in a very tight point of focus at just the right distance- which generates very high candlepower ratings when measured in a certain way (chosen by the manufacture of cource)...

AggiePhil

Newly Enlightened
Well shoot, this IS called the CandlePower forums. LOL. OK, so what about Lumens? Is that a good measure of output?

I'm basically trying to find out which is brighter, the WA1160 Mag Charger, the full-size Streamlight flashlight (not sure the model name), or the Streamlight UltraStinger. The UltraStinger is supposedly 75,000 CP.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure the magcharger with an 1160 is the brightest of the bunch.... maybe someone with these lights could let ya know..

mdocod

Flashaholic
the ultrastinger is "rated" 295 lumens... Streamlight seems to exagerate their lumen ratings a bit- (probably stating bulb lumens rather than torch lumens)... so you could expect a good 200 out the front...

I think the ultrastinger is their brightest offering...

The stock magcharger is rated at "218" lumens by maglight- which is probably pretty close to accurate..

with an 1160 bulb- I understand it is closer to a real 300 lumens out the front..

Even brighter- would be a new Tigerlight with the new 375 lumen LA... I think I heard somewhere that they are coming out with yet another LA in the future- that will be even brighter (maybe around 500 lumens?)...

[edit in] just read that the tigerlight is about the same brightness as the MC+1160

Last edited: