Mag LED drop-ins in Seattle yet?

mattyg

Newly Enlightened
I live in the Seattle area and I've been to two Wallmarts around here looking for the LED replacement modules. Anyone seen them around here? I want to get one for my 3D.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they're only going to the larger stores, and more specifically to those stores that are able to provide adequate security for them. While the list that was posted listed 3 stores in the San Jose area, there is only one store that actually has them. The other two stores don't use the locking shelf hooks, and the sports counter isn't always staffed.

mattyg said:
I wonder why they don't have them in any of the metro areas of WA yet?

mattyg

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm, it seems like there are many things that could be stolen from Walmart. I wonder why they are worried about these when most of the general population doesn't know what an LED is, let alone a drop-in replacement for a flashlight.

:huh2:

pizzaman

Enlightened
"I wonder why they don't have them in any of the metro areas of WA yet?"

Is Renton metro enough for you?

Fry's has the Mag LED flashlights and drop-ins in stock.

Good Luck, TR

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
A $19 light bulb on a rack with $2 light bulbs is bound to attract attention. Especially fi it is small enough to fit into a pocket. No doubt Mag saw this potential as well since they used sensor tags in the packaging so that it would set off the alarms at the door if someone tried to walk out with one where the tag had not been deactivated at a cashier or self-checkout station.

mattyg said:
Hmmm, it seems like there are many things that could be stolen from Walmart. I wonder why they are worried about these when most of the general population doesn't know what an LED is, let alone a drop-in replacement for a flashlight.

:huh2:

mattyg

Newly Enlightened
pizzaman said:
Is Renton metro enough for you?

Fry's has the Mag LED flashlights and drop-ins in stock.

Hah, I went to the Renton Wallmart too! I have yet to ever make it to Fry's. I guess this is a good excuse to go there. I live in S Seattle.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no reason to make an excuse to go to a Fry's store. It's not a pleasant experience, it's just a necessary evil that you have to do sometimes to pick up something that you can't find elsewhere.

mattyg said:
Hah, I went to the Renton Wallmart too! I have yet to ever make it to Fry's. I guess this is a good excuse to go there. I live in S Seattle.

mattyg

Newly Enlightened
Fry's had the 2 Cell replacements and sold the 2D LED Mag but no 3 Cell replacements or 3C/D LED Mags. No plans on getting any either according to the helpful clerk. :thumbsdow Was hoping to pick up a drop in for my 3D.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is nothing more gospel than information from a Fry's clerk. (you found one that spoke English? Congratulations! :) ) Actually Fry's will probably have all of them eventually, they always end up getting that stuff whether it sells or not :D

Actually I think it will vary from store to store as it always does with Fry's. It looks like one of our Fry's stores (Campbell) had put out some of their Mag stock. They only have 2 cell modules ($19.99), and they've got 2 cell lights ($29.99) and 3 cell lights ($34.99).

mattyg said:
Fry's had the 2 Cell replacements and sold the 2D LED Mag but no 3 Cell replacements or 3C/D LED Mags. No plans on getting any either according to the helpful clerk. :thumbsdow Was hoping to pick up a drop in for my 3D.

Last edited: