Elektro Lumens 'Blaster' Prototype Pics

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Re: Elektro Lumens \'Blaster\' Prototype Pics

Wayne,
very nice work. Can you add knurling w/o tm problems from Mag?
Battery pack options? ooooh baby

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geoff in Philly:
Wayne,
very nice work. Can you add knurling w/o tm problems from Mag?
Battery pack options? ooooh baby
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't really need knurling, as the surface is not smooth, but has an extremely fine grooved surface.

To add knurling might make it look too much like a Mag. Their patent is on the look of their flashlight. If someones flashlight gets too close in looks, they usually take legal action.

Wayne www.elektrolumens.com

Mr. Blue

Enlightened

Very nice then...my monitor doesn't show the grip enhancing grooving.

Zephyr

Enlightened

Very nice looking flashlight indeed Wayne! But will it be waterproof though? Or at least, water resistant? Is it focusable? I really like the flashlight. It has a very streamline/futuristic, sleek and low profile look to it. Any color options in the future?

ZEPH
smile.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice Wayne!

Looks like a winner to me; nice looks, and much thought put into what CPFers will want for future use and expandibility.

I think it's even better looking than a Mag; much more tactical, and serious looking flashlight there....

Darell

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElektroLumens:
There is tons of room for a voltage/current regulator to be installed, for those who must have regulation.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Must Have Regulation

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

Quote from www.elektrolumens.com ------
This last picture is included to try and show the grooviness of the flashlight body.------
Somebody mentioned we were going retro. :)
Will the fine "grooviness" stand up to dirt and oils etc., or will it clog up?
Is the seam in the middle a joint to allow mods?
Very nice looking!!

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by witsend:
Quote from www.elektrolumens.com ------
This last picture is included to try and show the grooviness of the flashlight body.------
Somebody mentioned we were going retro. :)
Will the fine "grooviness" stand up to dirt and oils etc., or will it clog up?
Is the seam in the middle a joint to allow mods?
Very nice looking!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it is not nearly as bad as the knurling in a Mag Light. The middle joint is not a joint. It will probably not be in the production runs. Not sure. It's just for looks, or to aid in grasping the flashlight.

I did have the thought that this could be a joint, and the flashlight could be shortened with a 4 AA battery pack, or add extensions for more 'C' or 'D' cells. (It will fit 2 'D' cells, or 3-4 'C' cells).

The retro look would be on a few I might chrome plate, and the head would be laquered brass. Not sure, as this would not be cheap.

A few people have commented it looks tactile. ?

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lambda:
Very nice Wayne!

Looks like a winner to me; nice looks, and much thought put into what CPFers will want for future use and expandibility.

I think it's even better looking than a Mag; much more tactical, and serious looking flashlight there....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me, expandability is important. I made a flashlight that I can pop open the hood and work on.
grin.gif

Actually, I wanted to design and sell a very reasonably priced Luxeon Star flashlight, with larger battery capacity for long burn times. Might be useful to police, search and rescue, paramedics, ect. Obviously, not a good pocket flashlight.

Thanks,
Wayne

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hotfoot:
Wayne... I like... I want... *Drool*...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'll be available soon, hopefully. I am not sure of the eventual price, but I'm aiming for around the same price as the modified Mag Lites I had been selling.

I have the advantage of being the manufacturer and distributor, so there is no middle man to tack on more to the final price.

thumper

Newly Enlightened

Greetings;

Questions abound...
How do 4 C cells fit in less than the length of a 2D Mag light?
What is the overall length?
Will the length be variable by adding/subtracting tube segments?
What is the outside diameter of the battery tube?
When can I have a red one? :)

DonL

Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElektroLumens:

They'll be available soon, hopefully. I am not sure of the eventual price, but I'm aiming for around the same price as the modified Mag Lites I had been selling.

I have the advantage of being the manufacturer and distributor, so there is no middle man to tack on more to the final price.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wayne, you never cease to amaze me. When the time is right, count me in as well.
smile.gif

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zephyr:
Very nice looking flashlight indeed Wayne! But will it be waterproof though? Or at least, water resistant? Is it focusable? I really like the flashlight. It has a very streamline/futuristic, sleek and low profile look to it. Any color options in the future?

ZEPH
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Zeph,

Until I get a lens cover designed for it, it will not be waterproof. That's on the agenda, high priority. I will also need to incorporate a water resistant switch of some sort. So these prototypes are not water proof. The tail cap and head have o-rings for water proofing.

It is more along the lines of the copper flashlights I had made, with an open face head, without the lens cover.

I can have the flashlight anodized any color there is available. I am using the best hard anodizing available.

There is tons of room for a voltage/current regulator to be installed, for those who must have regulation.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Wayne,

This is very nice. I especially like the logo stamp on the tail.

If you could incorporate the switch into the back edge of the head somehow, then you could have swappable battpacks and sell the light as a "kit" (hmmm, where've I seen this idea before?) for super-bright all the way down to super-stubby configs...mebbe even a 2x123 tube to underdrive a 5-watt LS? Then you'd be offering a fully retrofittable light, interchangeable heads, which would boost initial sales tremendously since customers know they could always get the latest LEDs later on, no built-in obsolescence...

JMHO (but you heard it here first)!

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thumper:
Greetings;

Questions abound...
How do 4 C cells fit in less than the length of a 2D Mag light?
What is the overall length?
Will the length be variable by adding/subtracting tube segments?
What is the outside diameter of the battery tube?
When can I have a red one? :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The overall length is about 10 inches. The tube diameter is about 1 5/8" or 42mm. If I change the type of battery spring, the battery will go up onto the tailcap, so the batteries will go from tip to tip. (This is probably not something I will do, as the switch would have to be in the head or the tailcap).

As far as I know right now, this will only be one length. But I do like the idea of segments, and that is very easy to do.

When I go into production, I can make them any color that anodizing is available in. By the way, I am using the toughest anodizing available. I was trying to scracth some off on an inside surface area, and man, this stuff is tuff, like a Mag Lite in hardness at least, or harder.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
Wayne,

This is very nice. I especially like the logo stamp on the tail.

If you could incorporate the switch into the back edge of the head somehow, then you could have swappable battpacks and sell the light as a "kit" (hmmm, where've I seen this idea before?) for super-bright all the way down to super-stubby configs...mebbe even a 2x123 tube to underdrive a 5-watt LS? Then you'd be offering a fully retrofittable light, interchangeable heads, which would boost initial sales tremendously since customers know they could always get the latest LEDs later on, no built-in obsolescence...

JMHO (but you heard it here first)!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mr Bulk,

Nice ideas. Not sure how the switch would look in the head. Perhaps turning the head for on and off, but this would then require 2 hands to turn on and off.

I do like the idea of interchangable heads/tubes.

I have a 6 AA battery pack, 9 volts, which will easily fit into the flashlight. I am going to design custom battery packs for AA batteries, hopefull up to 12 AA's to fit inside. I'm sure I will tinker with putting in multiple Luxeon Stars, and I am sure I will design a head to accomodate the focusing lenses. I can only do so much at a time as I am limited both by time and lack of funds.

Wayne

lightuser

Newly Enlightened

Hi Wayne,
Nice work on all this stuff. You've advanced "light years" since last winter. You could end up with a whole line of LS-based flashlights; how about the "Pleides FourLux" or a new "FourLux Cannon"? Just off the top, thought you might need some inspiration. Keep it up! Drive Maglite out the back! (-Try anyway!)
wink.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast

As far as I know right now, this will only be one length. But I do like the idea of segments, and that is very easy to do. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vey nice indeed... The idea of "modularity" is what I think would set this light apart (above) from the rest. Slick votes for segments!