My Tricked-Out Proton

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
With the help of these cools glow-in-the-dark O-Rings from greenLED and amazingly small tritium vials from Markava, my Proton is much easier to "grab" in the darkness. I'm planning for another vial on the back-side of the bezel as well.

Sorry for the poor pictures, but I think you'll get the idea.

Pix138.jpg

Pix139.jpg

Pix140.jpg

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
coool... now to pop out those 5mm and put in a SXOH :D

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps my memory is failing me but I can't seem to recall TIN posting about pimping out any of his other zillion or so lights. Seems that the Proton has really endeared itself to TIN and that is no easy feat. :)

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i feel bad for some of the people having problems with their proton... but mine has been so flawless... i'm keeping an eye on it but it seems so solid...

the more i use it the more i like it.. its much thinner than my HDS which makes it more comfortable... i can use it by my night stand because of the red led.. i set it to slow blink red... and it doesn't bother me @ all while sleeping (and the wife) but i can see it in a seconds notice in the night...

i do want to put a lens in the front of it to protect the honeycomb/leds...

i honestly think the proton is a 'user flashlight'... its not going to be 'pretty'... the beam isn't perfectly white... its not chrome finished with little gems on it... its a light that gets the job done... and by saying that I'm not saying its a bad light but it does what any other light does... it seems to get the job done for almost all areas of my personal illumination needs...

My Two Favorite Things About The Light So Far?:

1) having it run off of AA's
2) The Red LED

that being said ... if i had a light that was just some RED AA LED light... theres no way i'd like it... The proton allows both of the above features to be put into a 'smart' sleak design while keeping on my favorite features from other lights...

luigi

Enlightened
greenLED said:
:) Funny, I just put a glo-ring on the button on my L1P.

I also used a glo-ring in the button of my L1P or L1D but the Afterburner ring that countycom sells is a lot brighter and last longer than the glo-ring. It is more expensive but I think worth it.
Did you try it?

Luigi

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does these still work and do they sell them still?

I was one of the preorder guys,but chickened out due to the bad reviews and flaws.

Have they worked out all the kinks and manufacturing issues?

Benny

Perfectionist

Enlightened
When/If they release a Cree/Seoul based Proton ..... it will blow Fenix & Gang out the water .....

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
MorpheusT1 said:
Does these still work and do they sell them still?

I was one of the preorder guys,but chickened out due to the bad reviews and flaws.

Have they worked out all the kinks and manufacturing issues?

Benny

As far as I know, the issues have been worked out. Due to a supplier issue, the product is currently backordered, but should be available very soon.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Perfectionist said:
When/If they release a Cree/Seoul based Proton ..... it will blow Fenix & Gang out the water .....

I think it's a pretty slick light as it stands now. It's not a barn-burner, but the usefullness of it is wonderful for me. The only baseline I have with Cree is the Fenix implimentation, which hasn't impressed me at all. A truely crappy beam (and yes, I'm a wall-shot junky, so sue me) and the tint between units is very inconsistant. It's like re-lively the early Lux-I all over again with the lottery.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I glad to hear this,

But i hope they have considered putting some better leds in the light.
Not a deciding factor for me.Because the thing that attracted me to the photon was the easy UI and ability to use both white and red light.

Im getting one once the backorders have been taken care of.

Benny

Grubbster

Enlightened
I saw some of these at a local outdoor store the other day. I thought they were not being made any more. The price was kind of high at about $70 so I passed on it. Nice looking light and I did like the UI. I would definitely consider one if they updated the LED to something like a Cree.