Just bought my second greenie

rexer

Newly Enlightened
Just won it on ebay for £30.76 uk from vital spirit. can someone confirm that vital is shipping 105's as i saw a few posts where people were recieving 110's and that would just be boring wouldnt it.

Iv had fun with my newwish doing a few mods and learning how these things work(sort of) and out of curiosity i want to see if the leadlight is that much better cos im quite pleased with how the newwish turned out.

I probably should have saved up and bought somthing more powerfull but i know what im like, i would spend a couple of hundred and then i would start modding and messing with it, and it would go pop (sods law) so i thought i better get another cheapy.

so do you think i could pop some baloons with the leadlight? :)

Nick

Impyboy

Newly Enlightened
yeah, i've bought 3 leadlights from Vitailspirit in the past, and they're all 105's.

you should be able to pop balloons once you mod them, but it also depends on some factors like the colour of the balloon, and how much power you get out of the modded laser.

rexer

Newly Enlightened
what sort of power did you manage from your 3? did they all vary or all the same after modding?

Nick

Impyboy

Newly Enlightened
can't really say.
i only bought my 2nd and 3rd after my 1st one broke.

i haven't modded the 3rd one at all, and the 2nd one had a really tight pot and i didn't want to risk breaking it.

but straight out of the box, the 3rd one seems to be twice as bright as the 2nd one. so, i'm just using the 2nd one to play with now, and the 3rd one only comes out if i feel the other isn't bright enough.

(and if it's stil not bright enough, then the 90mw comes out to play :)

LASERSforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
i've gotten a leadlight 105 from vital spirit before.
just turned the pot... then it was balloon-popping capable.
i'm not sure what it's at though, i don't have a meter.
it's actually the second leadlight 105 that i've pot modded and gotten it to pop balloons.

rexer

Newly Enlightened
well it still hasnt shown up, iv been waiting since the 25th of june. i had an email from anny saying it was probably lost in the post and they had sent another but that hasnt shown up either. i dont beleve this is their fault but i might have to get a refund.

anyone else had trouble getting a laser from vital sirit?

i know what will happen , i will probably get 2 in the post lol, i will send one back if that happens.

Nick

rexer

Newly Enlightened
Well it turned up this morning, i had a little play with it this evening, i adjusted the pot and that was easy as there was already a hole there for it???? . before it was drawing 210 ma and after the mod its drawing 320 ma.

There is a bit of a problem though, after i hold the button for a few seconds it goes a bit dimmer and if i shine it on a dark surface you can see the beam start to split in 2 and it gets sort off funny reflection, i supose this is cos part of the beam is hitting the wrong part of the lense. is this something i can sort out or should i send it back?

Nick

Latest posts