UK 2AAA eLED Penlight S info pls

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i did a search here and only found 1 thread but wasnt very helpful for me. if anyone has one and can post some beam pics and give a small review on the ups and downs i would really appreciate the time. if possible that it can be compared to a SF U2, HDS 60, Peak lights with 1,3 or 7 LEDs or a terralux for a 2aa minimag cause those are the lights i have to go by.
basicly i'm trying to look for,

-*penlike style with pocket clip*
-water and corrosion proof
-Bright spot with good flood
-long runtime
-i want to try sticking with only 2AAA or 3AAA if i have to for longer runtime and brightness
-uses LED just for the durability and longevity
-i'm 60% towards a clickie cause i think its easier for single hand use
-try to stick with $50 or less

the Pelican L4 LED 3AAAA sounds brighter then the UK penlight but it uses 3AAAA and i dont like the looks of the body as much as the UK.

i'm getting this light for my uncle so he can carry it in his shirt pocket cause everyone else at work has one but him. he is the only one that uses (and has) the Peak 7LED i gave him (which i'm over 90% sure that its brighter then everyone else's at his work place) for his keychain but while he's working he doesnt want to carry his keys with him and a pocket penlight seems to be more convenient.
i was also looking at the LED drop in for the 2aaa minimag and Peak 3LED 2aa which i know the brightness would be good but the metal body isnt as durable and can corrode, unlike plastic, and the Peak 3LED, though its bright, doesnt have the 20-50 hour runtime like the UK LED penlight plus its about 2-3 times more expensive.
so... after all that talk, the UK 2aa LED penlight, Peak 3LED 2aaa and the drop in for a 2aaa minimag seems to be my choices unless you guys can recommend something better thats a better? and hopefully some beam shots to back it up with :)
thanks in advance for having you read all this and for any info you have.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the UK side by side instead of the oenlight but they should perform the same.
It has a weak yellow spot with an ugly blue ring around it, no side spill. See the beamshot in the review here:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/uk_2aaa_eled.htm

UKwas bright when it first came out but not anymore.
UK 2AAA eLED =ArcAAA=peak 1led= dimmest.
peak 1led HO=dimmer.
peak 1led ultra=Arc AAA-P= dim
peak 3led ultra=bright
peak Pacific AAA/2AAA=brighter
Fenix L1P=brightest, no pocket clip but has carrying pouch
UK have not improved their light since they came out and has fallen behind.
I an carrying mine as an emergency backup keychain light I do not recommend it for regular use.

Hans

Enlightened
LEDninja said:
UKwas bright when it first came out but not anymore.
UK 2AAA eLED =ArcAAA=peak 1led= dimmest. <snip>
UK have not improved their light since they came out and has fallen behind.
I an carrying mine as an emergency backup keychain light I do not recommend it for regular use.

I also use a couple of UK 2AAA eLED's as backup lights. They serve that role very well - good runtimes, very tough and waterproof, almost indestructible, can tailstand. But that's about it. They only eLED I use with any regularity is one with a red LED in it. That's my "dim red light" in situations where I need to preserve my night vision.

Hans

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a comment, but all UK has to do is add a Nichia CS and dump the focusing lens...the UK2AAA would be a great light.

Oh, and mold the head in a solid color to avoid glare.

Short, flat lights are very easy to pocket. I like the other UK's because of this.

Bob

PhantomZ

Enlightened
thanks everyone for all the info :)

i had the UK incan penlight before and iirc it was nice for short hikes in the dark, but i had to cover the sides with black electrical tape because the glare was bugging me.
i forgot about the Peak Pacific. i was doing some research last night and the Pacific seems to be a better choice then the Peak 3LED 2AAA, and though i like everything about the UK LED penlight except for the brightness i might go for the Pacific. its 3-4 times the price since i'll have to buy the 2AAA tube (and thinking of the brass switch) but i'll know that my uncle will appreciate the light AND i'll be 100% sure that it'll be brighter then everyone else's penlight/penlight type. i want to get the UK light for myself but i really dont need it, though i could make use for it, but i shouldnt........................... i have enough lights. but not this one...? hmm................