what exactly is a pot mod and how do you do it?

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I tried the search function but all of the results just pointed to people saying how much off an improvement they had in their lasers. I couldn't actually find out what you need to do to do it.

Also, would a wicked lasers laser be pot moddable? The most popular seems to be the Leadlight 105 and a few different ebay clones, but I have not heard anything about the wicked lasers.

Thanks.

LightFetish

Newly Enlightened
"The potentiometer is the part that adjusts the power output."
oh ya, if u look in my picture, its the screw head looking thing in the middle of the board.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Thanks. I tried it and discovered that my wicked lasers classic 15 can be turned up a little bit. It is brighter, or at least the beam is hotter as if I put my hand in front of it for around 5 seconds it starts to burn! But the power is very unstable. It constantly increases and decreases brightness! You think that I should go turn it down a little bit?

wells05

Newly Enlightened
Probably - keep it there laser will more than likely be short lived. You can experiment with it and just go down until the beam is stable.

LightFetish

Newly Enlightened
turn it down. i had one of mine too high. it was great for a little bit. now its like 2mw :(