Inova 24-7 and Inova Mini Light

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Inova 24/7 with Accessory Kit (good price)

I went to Frye's Electronics here in Indianapolis on my lunch break. I was hoping they would have some Streamlight ProPoly Luxeons (they didn't).

However, I did pick up an Inova 24/7 with the accessory kit for 29.99! I have always thought they were very unique and innovative. I just couldn't pass them up at this price.

You are mostly all familiar with this light so I won't go into a detailed description of all of the lighting modes. I will say that it has 8 of them and they are pretty well thought out and useful. This light runs on 1 CR123 battery. There are no runtimes indicated on the packaging (even if there was it is likely to be inflated).

The accessory kit rocks! It includeds a neck lanyard and headlamp strap that work suprisingly well. It also includes a hinged magnetic mounting block that is also very handy. My favorite part of the kit are the wall mounts (4 of them!). They can be mounted with the provided screws or adhesive strips. I have already mounted on in my car for a convenient and out of the way place to store my new 24/7.

This is a very useful light for 30 bucks. I may get another.

Mark2

Enlightened
Re: Inova 24/7 with Accessory Kit (good price)

Absolutely, a unique and *very* useful and well-made light. If you have nothing else, this is a very compact und handy EDC. And the price is *good*!

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a great deal. I paid nearly $50 for mine, last year. Together with the accessory kit, the 24/7 is a great emergency light. I like the headband, and the magnet holder to pop the light to the car.

However, you said:
matthewdanger said:
There are no runtimes indicated on the packaging (even if there was it is likely to be inflated).
My experience with Inova marketing is that the runtimes are fairly close to the CPF standard of "time to 50%". They overstate the output, especially on the T-series, but their runtime data is reliable. The advertised runtime for the 24/7 is 6 hours for the high white mode, 15 hours for low white. I seem to remember one runtime test (cannot find it right now), which determined 5.5 hours to 50% on the high. Can't verify this myself, both my 24/7s are still on the original battery (not that I use them often).

matthewdanger

Enlightened

elgarak said:
The advertised runtime for the 24/7 is 6 hours for the high white mode, 15 hours for low white. I seem to remember one runtime test (cannot find it right now), which determined 5.5 hours to 50% on the high. Can't verify this myself, both my 24/7s are still on the original battery (not that I use them often).

Wow, that's pretty close! I like this light more every minute.

LowWorm

Enlightened

The 24/7 is one the first lights I bought after catching the flashlight flu, and it's one of my favorites, especially for camping.

Bonus is that kids really get a kick out of the different modes, so it can also do double duty as cheap entertainment. :)

Great price, matthewdanger...definitely worth buying one and even two for emergency purposes.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast

I found the runtime test for the Inova 24/7. Roy did one, it's included in the sticky thread in the "Review" forum of his runtime tests. 5h43min to 50% brightness.

Last edited:

lahjik

Newly Enlightened

I just wanted to third (fourth, whatever) the comment on the Inova 24/7. I keep one of these as my emergency light in my car along with the accessory pack in the glove compartment. The stickytape mount points mean I can keep it immediately accessible. The mixture of decent white flood for tasks and the VERY noticable red/yellow/white strobe give it a great deal of usefullness. Add to that the lithium battery and things are very nice indeed.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened

Just a note that in the signal modes, runtime is up around 100+ hours. If you set the rotating bezel in between a mode you get a flashing light every 4-5 seconds for over 10,000 hours. Great feature if you want to leave the light in say a cabin w/o electricity...when you comeback next hunting season it will still be kicking!

matthewdanger

Enlightened

elgarak said:
I found the runtime test for the Inova 24/7. Roy did one, it's included in the sticky thread in the "Review" forum of his runtime tests. 5h43min to 50% brightness.

Thanks Elgarak.

I played with this light a lot last night. I am extremely impressed (and I had a lot of fun). I was especially impressed that the 2 red setting is brighter than the 4 white on low setting and yet the red has longer runtime! Very cool.

Bagheera

Newly Enlightened

Matthewdanger,

I've been trying to find a couple of these Inova 24/7 for a decent price while I was on holiday in the US for 2 weeks just recently for use in our Scouting group, but I haven't found them.

When I go to the Fry's Electronics site they just mention the Inova 24/7 for $29.99 but no mention of an accessory pack ? was that a special offer you got?

I would need the accessory packet as especially the wall mounts and the magnetic mount sound nice (perfect for attaching to a tent pole (we still have iron ones ;) ).

Anyone know where to get the 24/7 with kit for a bottom price?

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Last edited:

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love mine, I can clip it to just about anything (backpack,etc), I've got a yellow one. I've given my OD (Oilve Drap) model to my nephew. Handles water quite well!

chiphead

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've asked this before, but don't think ever got an answer ... anyone know if the 24/7 can use batteries that were drained in (say) a Surefire and still fire up? Other Inovas such as the X5 can do that, wondering if the 24/7 can as well.

Bagheera, I'm pretty sure the APY-1 version of the 24/7 has the accessory pack, and that's the version I find on outpost.com for 29.99. You might send them an email to be completely sure. By my reckoning, 29.99 for this light is just below wholesale ... wonder if this is just a short term loss-leader price.

Joe

Bagheera

Newly Enlightened

Joe,

Thanks for the info, I emailed them asking if the APY-1 version means all mounting extra's included or not.
If it includes that than I'll get 2 of them for our group and have them send to the Netherlands by a friend in a large Global Priority Envelope ;)

I guess that it will work with a "drained" battery only you won't get a lot of light from the 24/7 as I don't think it is a regulated light, or is it?

Best Scouting wishes,

Bagheera

matthewdanger

Enlightened

Bagheera said:
Matthewdanger,

I've been trying to find a couple of these Inova 24/7 for a decent price while I was on holiday in the US for 2 weeks just recently for use in our Scouting group, but I haven't found them.

When I go to the Fry's Electronics site they just mention the Inova 24/7 for $29.99 but no mention of an accessory pack ? was that a special offer you got?

I would need the accessory packet as especially the wall mounts and the magnetic mount sound nice (perfect for attaching to a tent pole (we still have iron ones ;) ).

Anyone know where to get the 24/7 with kit for a bottom price?

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Mine was not a special offer and the one with the accessory pack seems to be the only one that they carry. I can't be certain, but I think the one on the site is probably the one with the accessory pack.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bagheera said:
Joe,

I guess that it will work with a "drained" battery only you won't get a lot of light from the 24/7 as I don't think it is a regulated light, or is it?

Right, I'd expect an X5-type slow but steady dimming into nothingness.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bagheera said:
Joe,

Thanks for the info, I emailed them asking if the APY-1 version means all mounting extra's included or not.
If it includes that than I'll get 2 of them for our group and have them send to the Netherlands by a friend in a large Global Priority Envelope ;)

Best Scouting wishes,

Bagheera

Yep, the Inova 24/7 is fully regulated, at least on the white mode it is.

Primeight

Newly Enlightened
Inova 24/7 on duty belt?

I just got the inova 24/7 for my duty belt. I wanted to put somthing that will stand out while doing traffic stops. My department issues the sambrown belt (about 2 1/2 inches)and the clip is too short for the belt. Any suggestions on how to keep it secured on the rear of my belt? Thanks

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Inova 24/7 on duty belt?

How about some of the heavy duty velcro? The 24/7 is light enough and it would be easily and quickly removable for handheld use.

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
Re: Inova 24/7 on duty belt?

Several companies used to make pager mounts for duty belts. They were pieces of leather that went over the duty belt and had a slot in them that you would slide the pager clip through.