Web Site

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buyers need for you guys to have a single web site. A couple of weeks ago I was informed that I could not get a certain mod. Tonight I see where (on buy, sell, trade) that modder has been taking orders for a better version for a few days. I go to that web site and they are out of stock. It is a little frustrating.

A web site with target production dates, availability and succinct, clear desciptions using naming conventions would be good. I'm sure that some of you gifted folks would be surprised what the demand and available profit is for leading edge flashlight design.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak:

Unfortunately, the hobby/businessmen who make handsfull of mods as acts of love typically are constrained with very small lots sizes, and production and supply glitches. They don't have full and reliable pipelines and sophisticated order management systems.

The evolving response is toward giving a teaser status heads-up days ahead of expected availability and a warning that those who strike while the iron is hot will get an order. It is no fun to manage a backorder list, advance deposits, etc.

Under the circumstances, I'm prepared to live with this situation.

On the other hand, volume expansion would be greatly facilitated if your suggestion was implemented. For the moment, people appear wary of advertising vaporware.

If our talented modders were customer constrained vs. product constrained they would be more motivated to create a more "friendly front end" to their order management process.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
lemlux-

Well done. Another good explanation. Thanks for your patience.

Some of the frustration is that what companies offer are pale in comparison to what some of these guys build. I can't remember who built it but someone here posted a pic of knurled stainless steel job that I would love to have. Mr. Bulk posted a blue 5 watter that was too cool. I had a chance to get an LGI but I didn't know enough to jump on it. It's Saturday. I just want to go to Walmart and pick up a BB, an LI and an LGI.

I guess I should look at these works of art as the "acts of love" they are and be glad that folks offer them at all. So would you agree that maybe I should consider looking at this process as part of the fun of attaining a precious commodity? Is there a way to be alerted via e-mail when someone posts to a particular thread? You know which one I'm watching. Well, looky at who is being cryptic. My gosh.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak:

I missed the first 5 or 6 Lambda product offerings I wanted to buy. I guess you can say I have more of a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction from "winning" an order from Lambda the 7th time than if I hadn't been frustrated earlier.

Although I have a second-hand BadBoy yellow I am eagerly monitoring Dat2Zip's postings so I get one of the 10 BadBoy green 500 mAh kits he's struggling to get ready. (Isn't that dumb of me -- I just increased the competition for those kits.
rolleyes.gif
)

I think that means I agree with you!?

I also agree that our modders make very desreable lights that the rest of the world must regard as unobtanium (if they even contemplate the lights as something they want.)

mc

Newly Enlightened
As you may know, soon dat2zip will offer LS drop-ins on a web site, with a high quantity available. It will be a hot topic here, so possibly no person will miss out.
smile.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by lemlux:
I am eagerly monitoring Dat2Zip's postings so I get one of the 10 BadBoy green 500 mAh kits he's struggling to get ready. (Isn't that dumb of me -- I just increased the competition for those kits.
rolleyes.gif
)

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Date3Zap's green, 10 cylinder, 500 meters per analog hour Fat Boys? That must be in first gear only. Never heard of them. I'm not in the market for a custom made, green Harley Davidson at this time.
wink.gif

It sounds like he will have more after these first 10 have been "tweaked".

Seriously, lemlux. It is very kind of you to coach a newbie.
smile.gif

Thanks,

Jeff