MAG 2C Reflector upgrade

pert

Newly Enlightened
I have modified a mag 2C (my first mod ). It is based on the Spece Needle II instructions on Mr. Bulk's Site and then I made a couple of other changes.

Specs.

5 Watt Luxeon
2 CR123 batteries
Shark Converter (The Sandwitch Shop)
UCL Lens (flashlightlens.com)

I plan to replace the trim Pot on the Shark converter and connect to a pot that the operator can use to adjust the brightness. (Perhaps this weekend)

Anyway, I read about the Golston part-stippled reflector and was wondering where I could get something like that for my MAG 2C.

If that isn't available are there reflectors that will out perform the stock reflector? I am looking for throw over spill. I have seen many reflectors at the sandwitch shop but can't tell which ones will fit the 2C.

Thanks,

Pertinax

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want throw then stick with the stock 52 millimeter diameter reflector. It's actually very good in that regard.

pert

Newly Enlightened
LumenHound said:
If you want throw then stick with the stock 52 millimeter diameter reflector. It's actually very good in that regard.

I think stock will produce better throw than a stippled reflector but from what I read the partial stripple produced very good through with reduced artifacts.

pert

Newly Enlightened
OK so it seems there are no partile stippled reflectors available.

I would like to try a lightly stippled one? I realize that it may not be the best thrower but I already have a light that is good in that regard.

Which light stippled reflector will fit the MAG 2C?

Thanks

MoonRise

Enlightened
Stipple it yourself.

Search the forums, or here is the quick version:

Take existing Mag reflector, remove from flashlight.

Get can of Krylon Clear, spray a light 'blotchy-spitty' shot at the reflector (the shiny part!). You want to add some 'defects' to the formerly smooth reflector, so you want to get blobs, and splatter, etc and -not- a smooth paint job. Let dry. Repeat as desired.

Re-install reflector. Done.