Amilite Neo T3 on RCR123's

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Can someone answer me please if there are any protected or unprotected RCR123's that can fit on the Ami's T3 chamber. If you have this kind of batteries from where you get it? Is there another way to try to fit them in without any damage to the light? I just bought this awesome light from goldserve with his Flupic system installed so it would not be a problem to use them..
Thanks
Apostolis

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
garbman said:
Can someone answer me please if there are any protected or unprotected RCR123's that can fit on the Ami's T3 chamber. If you have this kind of batteries from where you get it? Is there another way to try to fit them in without any damage to the light? I just bought this awesome light from goldserve with his Flupic system installed so it would not be a problem to use them..
Thanks
Apostolis

It is indeed an awesome light. I think unprotected would fit better because of the missing strip.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran regulated Powerizer 3.0V RCR123's in my Amilite. They were a VERY tight fit and I had to pull them out by threading a bent paper clip through the vent holes in the battery's positive contact and pulling on that with pliers. It barely scratches the battery, it's just tight. I usually tried a few positions to see which was most loose.
I have some Tenergy 3.0V RCR123's, but didn't try them in the Neo. The Tenergy is 16.4mm OD most way around, but is 16.7mm at the protection strip.
The Powerizer is 16.5-16.58mm OD and does not appear to have a circuit protection strip.

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
I too placed a flupic board in the T3. And to get a protected rcr123 to fit, I had a coworker sand the inside of the battery tube just enough to fit the battery. Of course, you'll get some battery rattle if you were to use a primary but not enough to be a nuisance.

My coworker used a dremel type type tool bore it out.

Good luck on whatever you plan.

FirstDsent

Enlightened
As I stated, I use unprotected cells. I put a freshly charged cell in it, and if I use it for more than just momentary use, I swap it for another cell. If I use it a little for several days, I do the same. The key is to always have another fresh cell charged, and always have a backup primary cell available if you need to use it for a long time.

Bernie