My Surefire E2D

Pwallwin

Newly Enlightened
I live in Northern Ireland, and am going on holiday hopefully in September, somewhere like Spain/Turkey etc. Also to England via plane in October. Am I allowed to bring my Surefire E2D with me?? Anyone know the specifics of this?

Cheers

Paul

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there.. this has been adressed a few times and the answer is always "not a problem".

I just traveled and carried a Q-3 and Streamlight Nightcom with me without any problem. I even got pulled aside due to my shoes and they checked everything.

Pwallwin

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Manz - Y were u pulled cos of your shoes??

So did you carry your lights as hand luggage or on your body?

Edit: Also something I'd like to ask you guys... The tailcap end of the batteries in my E2D shake slightly when it's tapped. There's obviously some space between the batteries and the inside of the main body. This happens with Surefire batteries and any other 123A Lithiums. Should this be happening?

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
In the optimistic hope an honest person would find it I place address labels around my batteries to take up the excess space and reduce rattling.

Paladin

firefly99

Enlightened
Pwallwin said:
The tailcap end of the batteries in my E2D shake slightly when it's tapped. There's obviously some space between the batteries and the inside of the main body. This happens with Surefire batteries and any other 123A Lithiums. Should this be happening?Paul

The space between batteries and the inside of the main body should be very little, just enough for the batteries to slide in. With both the bezel tighten on the main body and tailcap in lockout position, the batteries should not be rattling within in the main body. Unless the tailcap spring is not fully extended to push strongly against the batteries.

Pwallwin

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to grab some labels and do that myself.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Pwallwin

Newly Enlightened
firefly99 said:
The space between batteries and the inside of the main body should be very little, just enough for the batteries to slide in. With both the bezel tighten on the main body and tailcap in lockout position, the batteries should not be rattling within in the main body. Unless the tailcap spring is not fully extended to push strongly against the batteries.

I think it may be my spring, but I'm scared of trying to extend it in case it comes off...