Quick results - Powerizer CR123A batteries

dragoman

Enlightened
Hi,

Just a quick jot here.....was testing my new Powerizer CR123A batteries I recieved from batteryspace for $1 apiece.

I put a set in the A2 and let it run. Got hot as normal, but not excessively so. After ~25min, light began to blink in thermal regulation. 5 min later it shut down out of regulation.

This light is rated at 50min and I've recieved over 65 min runtimes on SF123 and Duracell Ultra 123s......

Anyway, if you have an a2 that you like to run for extended periods these batteries might not be for you.

dragoman

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember reading somewhere that another CPFer tried BS cells in an A2 with similar results and contacted BS. BS's reply was that BS cells have a little more voltage drop than other cells, and the A2 is particularly finicky about it. They said that the A2 is the only light to do that.

Have you tried using amondotech's Titaniums?

dragoman

Enlightened
nope, guess they'll be next.....I don't normally use the A2 for extended periods like this, so operationally it is really not an issue.

However, if they only last half as long, adn the SF123s are only 75c more, which is better value?

dragoman