Premium C Batteries.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I now feel fairly confident that I can source batteries from anywhere in EU and the UK. What are the premium brands that are the latest? I ask because it seems Duracell or Varta has like various names that seem country specific and the don't sell them in USA. I'd really like to findout how to get Japanese Eneloop Cs from Japan but they are tricky to get.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't find anything superior to duracell made in usa, It IS the premium brand. as premium as it gets as far as alkaline. I've send batteries to friend and family in several countries overseas, everyone tells me our duracell are superior to anything they have on sale. You may find other cells in uk and eu as good , but no better.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't find anything superior to duracell made in usa, It IS the premium brand. as premium as it gets as far as alkaline. I've send batteries to friend and family in several countries overseas, everyone tells me our duracell are superior to anything they have on sale. You may find other cells in uk and eu as good , but no better.

Is there a trick to getting Duracells to stop leaking?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you seen any good Panasonic alkaline C's around lately? The only Panasonic batteries I can ever find are carbon zinc AA's at the Dollar Tree.

I used to use Panasonic Ni-Cads in my R/C cars so many years ago.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Duracells suck - way too many leaks including new in the package.

Premium C cells are L91 energizer lithium or fujiloops AA's in adapter sleeves. If you need more capacity, 21700 Li-ions in 2 or 3 C adapters are the way to go.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
All brands leak, eventually. duracell (the right ones) have more capacity and push out more current.

YES energizers lithium are the best, and you do not need to go overseas for them

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up going with Rayovac Fusion. These were the only premium cell I could fine local with out having some old Duracells Reds that are probably close to date. Now for my light to get here. Somehow they cost less locally than online.

Attachments

• EF4C6303-5349-4D90-BBF2-9CF90CABD9EE.jpeg
    EF4C6303-5349-4D90-BBF2-9CF90CABD9EE.jpeg
    773.6 KB · Views: 22

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
But they are not premium brand, they are value brand.
I tested rayovac high energy in convoy t4, they were pushing 2A at highest setting, duracell optimum, pushed out 4amps. measured at the tail. Granted there are no C optimus available,

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
The correct answer is that modern alkaleakers should be avoided for anything that you can't afford to throw away.
Lots of options for nimh rechargeable in any size.