Where would I get those little keychain lights in quanity?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get the $1 keychain lights from lighthound every once in a while and they are a HUGE hit at work - I just give them away. But I can't keep buying them to give them away unless I can get some kind of quantity discount on them. Suggestions?

vortechs

Enlightened
Flashfirstask?later said:
50 for $19.95 at http://emilionworkshop.com in keychains section.

So basically you have different options depending on how many, which one and where you want to get them.

I looked at prices a few months ago.

Emilion's price does not include shipping. I would be curious what the shipping cost is.

Dae's price does include shipping.

If you want 500, you can even get custom printing on them: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94907

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortechs said:
I looked at prices a few months ago.

Emilion's price does not include shipping. I would be curious what the shipping cost is.

Last time I checked, it was about $9.95 shipping in a bag, $14.95 in a box from Emilion's.

vortechs

Enlightened
NutSAK said:
Last time I checked, it was about $9.95 shipping in a bag, $14.95 in a box from Emilion's.

Thanks for the info. I had been wondering about that. Is there an easy way to check what Emilion's shipping fee is, without actually placing an order?

50 lights from Emilion would cost: $19.95 + $9.95 (S&H) = $29.90

50 lights from Dae would cost: $6.19 x 5 = $30.90 (-5% discount for registering)(-1% discount for order size) = $29.06

The shipping fee makes a big difference. I guess when you include shipping, Emilion (http://emilionworkshop.com/oscommerce/catalog/) and Dae (www.qualitychinagoods.com) have about the same price.

One nice thing about Dae is that he has different color bodies available and you can specify how many of each color you want when you order (write it in the comments section of the order form).

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortechs said:
Thanks for the info. I had been wondering about that. Is there an easy way to check what Emilion's shipping fee is, without actually placing an order?

Yes. Just add the item to your cart and go through the ordering process until it tells your your shipping cost. You don't have to place the order at that point.

vortechs

Enlightened
Has anyone found any other good sources for the coin cell keychain lights that offers a selection of different color bodies. Does Dae (www.qualitychinagoods.com) still have the best deal for someone who wants to be able to select different color bodies?

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortechs said:
Has anyone found any other good sources for the coin cell keychain lights that offers a selection of different color bodies. Does Dae (www.qualitychinagoods.com) still have the best deal for someone who wants to be able to select different color bodies?

Go to DAE's wholesale site, www.szwholesale.com., $00.50 each. Also DAE posted once or it was an email, I forgot, but he has the "super bright" LED put in his specially and it compares very well and often times beats those name brand very expensive keychain lights. As a vendor he is a smart man because his light is superior in brightness and that is what the non-flashaholic is after or appreciates. I bought 100 for gifts and to sell a couple of months ago. What a surprise, I did not expect the reaction I got. I go through about 200 every two weeks now, just from people I have contact with. I was not really trying to sell them. Word-of-mouth, folks are coming to me. Kinda cute, the light man.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
abvidledUK said:
That is a great idea. Where I work we have to display our Identification Badges and therefore there are quite a few styles of ID clips. I have been placing the ring of the light in the clips. They can be hung on the front of your outer garment. I use one hung this way everyday to find my way out of a dark house without stepping on a dog.

My wife wanted an LED book light. I am going to use one of avidledUK's clips to do that today. I supose i may need to add some sort of hood to block glare but it will be perfect.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Northern Lights said:
That is a great idea. Where I work we have to display our Identification Badges and therefore there are quite a few styles of ID clips. I have been placing the ring of the light in the clips. They can be hung on the front of your outer garment. I use one hung this way everyday to find my way out of a dark house without stepping on a dog.

My wife wanted an LED book light. I am going to use one of avidledUK's clips to do that today. I supose i may need to add some sort of hood to block glare but it will be perfect.

Thanks for the compliment.

I suppose you could alway clip it to an ear, or spectacles !

To block glare, you could try permanent marker on the edge of the led facing you when in book mode.

Black may cut it out, red would reduce night vision reduction. I'm told blue makes it easier to read for a longer period without eye strain, and easier to read the colours on maps.