Problem with my U-15 *fixed now* :-)

Lexus

Enlightened
I purchased a Barbolight U-15 some time ago. It was working as usual when I turned it off. A few minutes later I turned it on again and there was only very dim light from the four LEDs. The batteries were fully charged. I thought it was a contact problem and cleaned the contacts with no effect.
If I bump against the head of the light, it lights up brightly than it's dim again.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my light??? :confused:

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
Re: Problem with my U-15

you need to contact barbolight...

take four fresh alk cells, insert to test with.

Lexus

Enlightened

I already sent a pm to Javier, but haven't gotten any reply yet. This light uses two 18650 cells, I don't know of any alk cell which would fit.

cy

Flashaholic

opsss ... if U-15 uses 2x 18650. measure voltage to see if both cells are still good.

one cell could be bad and still measure up to spec, but die under load...

if you have another light that uses 18650. put each cell in light to test..

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast

cy said:
opsss ... if U-15 uses 2x 18650. measure voltage to see if both cells are still good.

one cell could be bad and still measure up to spec, but die under load...

if you have another light that uses 18650. put each cell in light to test..

Sorry Lexus, I was near sure I had responded you directly to your e-mail [email protected]

There are no wires on the U-15, so all the contacts are "mechanical", and need to be fixed at the factory. Please e-mail me at id (at) barbolight.com, and I will inform you how to send us the flashlight to be fixed.

Javier

Lexus

Enlightened

Barbarin said:
Sorry Lexus, I was near sure I had responded you directly to your e-mail [email protected]

There are no wires on the U-15, so all the contacts are "mechanical", and need to be fixed at the factory. Please e-mail me at id (at) barbolight.com, and I will inform you how to send us the flashlight to be fixed.

Javier

I'll do this. Thanks!

Lexus

Enlightened
Javier took care of my light, I got it back today and it works again like a charm. ¡Muchas gracias! :grin2: