JetBeam MK-II Disassembly

ASG

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

I received a JetBeam MK-II and I must say that this is a slick little flashlight. I would like to know:
1) How do you replace the tail cap clickie switch?
2) How do you replace the lamp assembly if it should ever need it?
3) Where do you purchase the replacement lamp assemblies from?

My Jet did not come with any instructions, so I really don't know.

Thanks

ASG

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow I doubt you'll ever need to replace the light engine of your Jet-1. The LED will be good for hundereds if not thousands of hours of runtime.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
ASG said:
California

ASG

Did you get your MK-II from LiteMania's preorder? If so, I may have hope in getting my light sooner than expected :).

I know you started this thread in order to get disassembly info, but as most folks haven't gotten them yet, care to comment on the light and how it meets/doesn't meet your expectations?

ASG

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I ordered it from Emillion's Workshop in mid July. So far, using a single alkaline AA cell, it has performed quite well. It has a very crisp white beam. It doesn't throw as well as my Surefire G2, but that's OK. I don't like the strobe feature on it. I'm going to try it with some Lithium AA cells to see how much more output I can get. It is very convenient for pocket carry.

ASG

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
ASG said:
Hi Everyone,

I received a JetBeam MK-II and I must say that this is a slick little flashlight. I would like to know:
1) How do you replace the tail cap clickie switch?
2) How do you replace the lamp assembly if it should ever need it?
3) Where do you purchase the replacement lamp assemblies from?

My Jet did not come with any instructions, so I really don't know.

Thanks

ASG

Pics of inside the tailcap and bezel would help :)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is for the MK-I (I don't have the MK-II), so some things might be different...

For the tailswitch, I think there's a couple of indents to place a small plier/tweezer in to untwist the tailswitch.
For the head, if you open it up, the warranty is nullified. My head died (sort of, it still worked, but got really dim) and I sent it back to Emilion to get it replaced. Unless you don't care about the warranty, I'd advise to not remove the light engine.

DenisD

Newly Enlightened
I want to fix front glowring misplacement.
Do anybody succesfuly disassembled the bezel?