Ripoffs Holsters and Pouches are no more!

Hatinthering

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to let everyone know that Reeline, the manufacturer of Ripoffs brand holsters and equipment pouches is going out of business. I just completed an order with Greg at Brightguy.com for holsters for my HDS 45XRGT and Motorola Razr phone and was clued into this info. So, I called the company and inquired about their demise and was told it was true. This company made excellent gear and employed American workers in an American factory. Its a shame that they have to go under. So, if you are looking for a high quality holster for your light, you might want to search vendors that sell Ripoffs brand gear and grab one quick.

Here's Ripoffs website address: http://www.ripoffs.com/

Rob

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey there Hat, what model did you order for your HDS? I'll probably get one of the Concealco holsters for mine, but it would be nice to have a few alternatives.

Cheers - CFU

Hatinthering

Newly Enlightened
CFU -
I have the 42 XRGT model (sorry about the typo in my original)...
Its a fantastic light... I'll post a few photos of the light and Ripoffs holster as soon as I receive the holster from brightguy.com...

Rob

Burgess

Flashaholic
So sad about RipOffs going outta' business.
awman.gif

They make great, fine-quality holsters.

Such an incredibly wide variety, also.

But (couple months ago), i was AMAZED that i could not ORDER from their WEBSITE !

Sent 'em an e-mail, and they provided me with several on-line dealers. But NONE of 'em carried the Full Range of items.

Very Frustrating, indeed ! ! ! Sad, too.

Hope somebody buys the company, and gives it better distribution.

Their products deserve to continue.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sent 'em an e-mail, and they provided me with several on-line dealers. But NONE of 'em carried the Full Range of items.

Just been searching for the 'CO-192' holster for my HDS from online stores...nobody seems to have it.
rant.gif

Us HDS owners should be shown more love dammit!
mad.gif

CFU

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree it's sad to see them going under. But if it resurfaces under a different owner, I think you can expect to see a "Made in China" tag on their products.

Burgess said:
Hope somebody buys the company, and gives it better distribution.

Their products deserve to continue.

Hatinthering

Newly Enlightened
Burgess - I totally agree... it's a shame that quality is being trumped by inexpensive, lesser quality gear...
I also had a real hard time ordering their products, so maybe their marketing effort wasn't up to snuff. When I called to inquire about ordering the CO-192 holster for my HDS B42XRGT, I was given a few dealers to call by a very helpful service rep, but he said that they would not sell directly so as not to cut into their dealers action.

CFU - I ordered my CO-192 holster from Greg at brightguy.com over a month ago. He said it would take a while to get it, and it sure did. I called a few other places and no one had that model in stock. I'm not sure if it's too late to order any now or not.

Brighteyez - When I talked to the Ripoffs service rep today, she said that they had a few buyers that were interested in the company, but that a couple had dropped out when they found out they couldn't take the company "overseas". Maybe thats a stipulation in the sales contract that the company stays in this country. Sounds like a righteous company to me...

Rob

gchand

Newly Enlightened
In the past, I have ordered Ripoffs products from holsterdepot.com - their
website still indicates that they carry Ripoffs products, so they might be a
source to try.

George

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goodbye Ripoffs

After 28 1/2 years, Reeline Company, the maker of Ripoffs Holsters is closing its doors.
I dont know the details, but I'd bet big money that it is competition from cheap junk holsters from China...

Who else has such a good selection of flashlight holsters???

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Goodbye Ripoffs

I believe they're located in San Dimas, CA (would you believe, the same city where Louis Vuiton is made? It's true!), which is right down the street from me. (I live about a mile from the San Dimas/Covina border. I guess the one Ripoffs holster that I own will become a piece of history, now.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Goodbye Ripoffs

frisco said:
Sad.... I love RipOffs.... that metal clip is the best!

frisco

Yup, the best clip ever. Will not fall off of a belt, and works on pockets and backpacks too.

I would highly recommend that people try to find a CO series holster at a dealer that fits a light they own. Worth having.

Here is what I was told by a long time Ripoffs dealer. The owners/ founders of the company are retiring. They would have preferred to sell the company and see it continue. A contingency of the sale was that the company remain in the US and material sources and production remain in the US.

No takers. Apparently the current owners are willing to turn down a chunk of cash and keep their principals intact. Very admirable.

Mark

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently the current owners are willing to turn down a chunk of cash and keep their principals intact. Very admirable.

Wow! More power to them - People with genuine principles are a rarity in this day and age.

I hope they enjoy their retirement.

CFU

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well people you know whos' fault this is? Ours. I mean Americans as a whole. This is what happens when we constantly buy products made in China and the like. We cut our own throats. Now some of you at least will understand why I constantly ask where a product is made when a it comes out. I want to avoid doing things like this to my fellow Americans - causing their employer to go out of business and put them out of a job. It's very frustrating to see this.....

Last edited:

hayhauler

Newly Enlightened
I do care about the quality of the things I buy. I like to buy USA. I've been looking for some good holsters and belt pouches for a while, I don't see the quality marketed. I care where it's made, but more than anything else I care if it is a quality item that will last. I think the things made here usually come closer to filling that bill, but you've got to let people know it's there.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must add that I'm not against purchasing items made in other countries - it just depends on what country its being manufactured in. I like to try to buy things made in US first, then countries that have friendly relations to the US. I try to avoid buying from what I feel are hostile nations, China, Iran, Vietnam, France, etc... Just my 2 cents.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crap!

They are (were) the best holster pouch makers out there. This really sucks.

R.I.P. offs

Last edited:

marcspar

Enlightened
They should try to go for an employee buy-out. This is the perfect situation for such a thing.

Marc