Help me select a bezel for my E2C

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
if you want the nitrolon head, then i think black would look better.

however if it were my choice... i would get the m2 head as it has a built on "shock absorber".

SAK

Newly Enlightened
Based on balance and aesthetics, please help me choose a bezel for my new E2C (for my E2e).
I am trying to choose between the following bezels:
- C2
- G2Z Black
- G2Z OD

I think the C2 Bezel would probably look the best but I am wondering if the lighter weight of the Nitrolon is enough to make a difference? If I go with the Nitrolon, which would look best: black to match the E2C or OD to match the E2e?

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has tried some of these combinations.

(By the way, the E2C is VERY well made and I couldn't be happier with the results of ordering from dat2zip.)

Thanks.
-- SAK

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully, soon, one day, maybe, one can alway's hope,we can ask the same question about our UBH's.

smile.gif

zackhugh

Enlightened
I was thinking of using the UBH with a KL1 head and/or a C2-HA bezel with the E2C. Anyone else getting the P90 and P91 LAs to get the wide range of lumens from the KL1 to the P91?

Steve

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Originally posted by zackhugh:
I was thinking of using the UBH with a KL1 head and/or a C2-HA bezel with the E2C. Anyone else getting the P90 and P91 LAs to get the wide range of lumens from the KL1 to the P91?

Steve
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm already enjoying the luxury of getting everything out of my E2 and E2E lights. With either of these lights + the KL1 + the E2C adapter + the C2 bezel (with P60 and P61) + the OEM incandescent bezel (with MN02 and MN03)+ the KT1 turbo head, I have many options with just one main body module.

zackhugh

Enlightened
this_is_nascar,

How do you like the KT1 on the E2 and E2e? I was thinking of getting a SRTH from Laggerpro for the UBH, but wasn't sure how it would look. The KL3 head (using the E2C adaptor) on the E2e looks a bit strange IMO.

I bet the C2 bezel with those lamp assemblies is awesome on the E2e. Were you thinking of using the C2 on the UBH with 3 cells and the 225 lumens with the P91 LA? Is this not worth it? I've sort of become obsessed with Roy's idea of making the UBH part of a massive lighting modular kit.

Steve

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
To be honest, I don't use the KT1 much at all. It makes the light extremely top-heavy. It does look pretty cool though. I really have thought much about how I'll use my UBH with the E2C. It's been so long waiting for the UBH, I forget about it all the time.

SAK

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have BOTH a Nitrolon head and a C2 head that they have tried with their E2e-E2C? Just wondering if weight/balance is an issue.

Also, is a C2 head exactly the same as a C3 head? I may have an opportunity to get a very good price on a C3 and I was wondering if I could use that head with the E2C and a P60/P61?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
SAK,

I just weighed a C bezel and a nitrolan G2Z bezel (pyrex lens). They weigh .7 oz and .5 oz respectively. I don't think you will notice any weight difference as this difference of .2 oz is not much compared to the total weight of the light, IMHO. The C2 and C3 bezel are the same part.

You can host a P60 or P61 in a C3 bezel, no problem.

- Don