Can you use a MN02 in an E1?

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
What would happen if you put a MN02 25 Lumen lamp in a E1 that requires the MN01 15 Lumen lamp. Would it power the 25 lumens just at half the run time, would it just not work at all, will it even fit? Just curious :naughty:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine it would put out a sickly orange-ish beam like it was running on a nearly dead battery...

I'm waiting for an LED mod for that puts out what the stock bulb does, maybe a little more.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will not work properly. Running any incan at very low voltage (3V instead of 6V) not only causes the output to be very low, but in fact damages the lamp and greatly shortens its useful life.

Mark

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can run it on a RCR123 (4.2V initial) but the output is pretty sad, and probably damages the lamp as mentioned above.

schiesz

jeffroalpha700

Newly Enlightened
KDOG3 said:
I'm waiting for an LED mod for that puts out what the stock bulb does, maybe a little more.

They already have one, it is called the E1L Outdoorsman or KL1 LED conversion head.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
jeffroalpha700 said:
They already have one, it is called the E1L Outdoorsman or KL1 LED conversion head.

Its' not the same. I want a reflectored assembly. I also want to use the stock head for size reasons...I've had the KL1 and its great. But I don't like the poor regulation on 1 cell.

Flashdark

Enlightened
KDOG3,

"Milkyspit" is the only one I know that is currently doing this per request. Right now he is building a pair of genuine, "OH-MY-GOD", nuclear-powered, radiation-stickered, L1 heads (old version) to put on the front of my E1e/Z57s. Output is expected to be in the 80-lumen range, with throw exceeding the L1 or E2e, and flood in the L4 range. He will build-per-request as far as the end result goes. I wanted the power in my heads. Others may want runtime. His assemblies are reflectored per request. Mine have the McR18 reflector, but he uses others as well.

He recently built an L1 for me with a LuxIII TYAH emitter, McR18 reflector and about a 45+ lumen output. I am still conducting tests, but boy-oh-boy-oh-boy am I ever happy with the results!! Surefire-build quality, Milkyspit "OH-MY-GOD" results.

PM him for possibilities. Hope this helps.
Sorry about hijacking the thread.

Flashdark sends.