super xo

berto

Newly Enlightened
I just baught an inova xo from fry's. I tested all the lights on the rack. The last one I tested (there was about 30 of them) was super bright I brang it home and did a celling bounce test this light is much brighter than all my 3watt lights (including t3,xo3,bog 3watt,q3 with r123's) by a big margin. Do you think I won the lottery big time? or mabye they put a 3 watt u-bin in by accident?

Illum

Flashaholic
you probably found one thats on the bottom of the box...where no patron has tested it before and the batteries are still fresh....thats the problem with "try me" packaging...

berto

Newly Enlightened
Ok just got back from fry's looks like it was runing on derict drive. It started off super bright then got really blue and the body was really hot oh well got a new one. I wish they made a 3watter this size.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a lot of defective XO's still out there. I bought a black one from Fry's and it had the exact same behavior.

I tested several other black ones on the pegs and they all did the same thing. The clear colored ones seemed fine, though...

--dan

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll know right away if its a defective on. It'll be SUPER bright for about a minute, get real hot, then the beam turns blue and goes out...

--dan