New coast digi-tec 1 AA 1.38 watt?

fishx65

Enlightened
Saw this light at ****s Sporting goods this morning. Is this the same as a David 15? Package said 1.38 watt, 10 hr runtime, 1 AA. I have a Dorcy 123 and was looking into getting a 1 AA. How would this light compare to the Fenix, Lite-flux and others? 10 hours seems like an overestimate for a single AA. Are any of these 1 AA models brighter than my Dorcy 123 ?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the same light in ****'s Sporting Goods and I thought it was a David 19. Fry's Electronics in my area sells the David 19 for about $30.

I'm delighted with the David 15. I think they are the same except the David 19 has a larger head and different beam pattern.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Had to run out to ****'s to take a peek. The light looks nice, but I don't think it will be replacing my Civictor. It seems a bit too long, and too pricey ($40). A ten hour runtime is at least possible according to Flashlight Reviews, maybe besting the Civictor, but it won't be very bright at that point (<25%). Having a clickie, though, is always nice. They also had a couple other smaller, button cell Coast lights, and the colored Nite-Ize MM drop-ins for $10.

Geoff

fishx65

Enlightened
Yah, seemed a little pricey. I don't have a single AA yet and thought it was pretty bright in the store. I did a little research and think it's the David 15 or 19 but those are 1.25 watts so maybe they have upgraded it a little. I wonder how it compares to all the other 1AAs out there.